Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever so often, I’ll notice that I’m a little shaky while shooting my pistols. Not really a tremble, just a little unsteady. I typically don’t drink coffee, but sometimes drink it on the weekend. I noticed that sometimes that would make me unsteady. So, I tend to make sure that I don’t drink coffee on days that I shoot. During the stay/work from home period, I’ve been drinking more coffee than usual. Now, it seems if I don’t drink coffee, I can become unsteady.

Most times at the range, I’m steady and it isn’t an issue. I’m guessing that ever so often, most people will notice that your just not as steady as you usually are.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
. I’m guessing that ever so often, most people will notice that your just not as steady as you usually are.
I think your guess is correct. Emotional state, diet, prescription drugs, can all affect how steady you are. As the firearms instructor for my agency, I have observed that sometimes a guy just can't miss and on another day, the same guy shoots all over the target. Maybe not enough sleep. Maybe too much caffeine, maybe not enough caffeine, maybe hungry, maybe too much lunch. I bet some of those benchrest shooters really watch what they eat or drink on match days. They really try to eliminate all variables.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
Just shoot faster. My 3 gun partner has Palsy, his hands shake constantly. But when the shot timer goes off, he's focused on the shot, not on the shaking.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I have an Essential Tremor, so my hands always shake slightly. When I stop drinking coffee the shaking is reduced. But I love coffee, so I deal with the tremor.

Just like the natural arc of movement everyone has, I don’t try to time the trigger pull. I just acquire the target and press the trigger.

So my hands shake. Whatayagonnado? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts