close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shafted!

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by east_stingray, May 19, 2006.

1. east_stingray

east_stingray Pickles!

Edited for CYA reasons.

2. IrishBob

IrishBob

Get a lawyer, contact your states EEO dept., file a law suit if ya have to.

with out all sides of the story, I can't really tell what happened, but if you like what you are doing, fight back!

Good luck.

3. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

Join another squad. There is more than one in your region that need the help.

4. east_stingray

east_stingray Pickles!

5. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

Pick up your pager, You won without the appeal. They need you more than you need them.

6. east_stingray

east_stingray Pickles!

7. D25

D25 The Quick

The internal politics thing suxs big time. It is everywhere in EMS. After I was done with volunteering and got hired as a full time FF/Basic, i thought the stupid drama was behind me. WRONG! More $ in the budget = more drama. Then when I went to work for a private air/ground ambulance, I thought that the BS would be gone because everyone was a good, or at least compitent, flight-medic. Again, I was wrong, about the compitency and the politics.

All you can do is strive to be the best, and provide exceptional patient care. The rest is an unavoidable part of the game. Good luck to you. :beer:

8. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Well, seesm liek yo udid get the shaft. But on the otehr hand, yo uare away from the "I" who is so nice. When she takes down the whole org, you can get back in on the ground floor.....

Scott

:alien:

9. east_stingray

east_stingray Pickles!

I thought you guys would all enjoy knowing that I went in and filed an official slander complaint against the person who started this whole thing. None of the many complaints they had against me had anything to do with that original accusation by her. Since it was in front of my "boss", that makes is slander. I also submitted reports on some of the things she had done on calls in the past that I had let slide at the time since she had seniority over me. According to what they did to me, everything back to last May is fair game.

ETA: I just called the regional fire chief and said "since I didn't hear anything back, I assume the board denied my appeal". That's not what happened. After listening to what I had to say, the board was pissed and spent about half an hour chewing out the captains about the number of false complaints and the fact that 6 months worth of complaints were brought against me all at once without anything having been said before that. Regional fire chief has to take it in front of the board again at the next meeting, so I'll get to wait two weeks and go through the nerves of having to wait and see whether or not they give me the boot.

After all that's happened and on the off chance it would bite me, I'm going to remove the original story. I'll keep you updated about what happens.

10. D25

D25 The Quick

Good for you.:beer:

11. IrishBob

IrishBob

you still have grounds for an EEO case, I'd look into it even though your status is as a volunteer.

a hostile work environment is always grounds for a complaint.

if this is an on going problem in your dept., you may have to be the one to stand up and get it stopped.

don't let 'em push you around!

12. east_stingray

east_stingray Pickles!

I don't even know what EEO is. Can someone explain it to me?

13. IrishBob

IrishBob

EEO is Equal Employment Opportunity, generally a labor commission function of state govt.

EEO defines what constitutes a hostile work environment, which is what it sounds like you are dealing with.

Find out if your state has such a thing and make contact with them, it couldn't hurt to ask.