Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised he didn’t shoot the kid and say he had a gun or something.

Reactions: ShockwaveII

·
Mentally Frozen
27,823 Posts
Before passing judgment there is another story to this that haven't yet heard.

·
Registered
43,308 Posts
ibff

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
1. Why was the officer dispatched there, and who called 911?

2. Produce the ****ing I.D. when asked.

3. Lots of "news" links about this incident are alleging the officer was drunk. Dishonest smears tell me it's probably organized B.S.

4. This officer unfortunately has gotten himself in this kind of "viral" trouble before, involving a minor several years ago. He's an easy mark. His department has already suspended him pending investigation. Under the bus, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw the manager of the place in a photo with the guy taken after the police left. He said he had no idea why the police were there. I think they said this cop was in hot water previously for roughing up a 14 year old. Producing youre ID upon request is total BS. You shouldn’t give up you’re ID unless you’re leagally required to produce it.

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
I don’t think there is a specific breed of service dog. It’s pretty open.
We had a thread here about a year and a half ago about someone bringing their "service pony" on an airline flight. I got myself in some trouble in that thread. 6 months of Double Secret Probation.

·
NRA Life Member
66,016 Posts
So a local thug is literally sitting in a restaurant with a pit-bull at his feet, smoking a joint, with no paperwork to show the dog is a service dog, and pretends he doesn't know why the restaurant called the police. He's been "racially profiled." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I don’t think there is a specific breed of service dog. It’s pretty open.
And to be a qualified dog under ADA, it must be trained to conduct specific tasks - and businesses are allowed under ADA to ask what tasks said dog is trained to perform.

Pit bulls aren't exactly known for their trainability nor are they commonly used for tasks that would fall under the service dog label in ADA. It's possible, but so is my winning the lottery.

So-called "therapy dogs" do not fall under ADA and may be excluded from businesses, presuming state/local laws are not different from ADA. I researched this a bit prior to my retirement, as I dealt with the issue of "service dogs" more than once. Even had a guy tell me that I wasn't allowed to ask him about his dog. The rest of that conversation wasn't polite and ended with an understanding between the two of us. Don't try to cite law if you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

·
NRA Life Member
66,016 Posts
What's the other story?
1. Video Claims to Show Racial Profiling After Police Were Called for a Report of a Black Male Smoking Marijuana

After the call, Moore approached Marcus Townsend, 20, of Vandergrift, and Townsend began filming.
“You came straight to the Black dude sitting at the table,” Townsend said on one clip.
“Because I got called for you,” Moore responded.
“For me?” Townsend asks.
“Yeah, because you were the one smoking weed,” Moore replied.

Then the guy refused to show ID and got indignant. Why not, he looks like a saint:

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
What's the other story?
Without a statement you won’t ever really know.

I doubt he decided to walk into a restaurant to randomly harass a black man, when it’s far easier to just listen to the radio in your car waiting on the next call.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
So a local thug is literally sitting in a restaurant with a pit-bull at his feet, smoking a joint, with no paperwork to show the dog is a service dog, and pretends he doesn't know why the restaurant called the police. He's been "racially profiled." :rolleyes:
You are profiling this young man. Why? There is nothing about him being a “thug” and zero proof of him smoking weed.

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
I saw the manager of the place in a photo with the guy taken after the police left. He said he had no idea why the police were there. I think they said this cop was in hot water previously for roughing up a 14 year old. Producing youre ID upon request is total BS. You shouldn’t give up you’re ID unless you’re leagally required to produce it.
If police were called there to investigate a reported crime, he was required to produce it.

Attachments

·
Mentally Frozen
27,823 Posts
Reactions: Flags

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
1 - 20 of 136 Posts