Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a fair amount of pistols right now that pretty much cover all my bases from carry, bug-out, home defense, and even various forms of competition. A few impulses buys in there, a few guns that I hardly ever shoot. Because of that these days when I go to a gun store to browse, there are not many things that interest me since I've owned or tried so many of them.

There's really only one gun that I was interested in, for plates competition and perhaps some USPSA down the line. This gun is particularly hards to find in CT because a) magazine restrictions and b) CZ doesn't put out the volume of Sig or Glock, so stores get stock in more occasionally.

I went browsing last week thinking that it was highly unlikely that this one small store wouldn't have this gun, so I was confident I wouldn't be spending any serious money today. I spent about 20 minutes just looking at a few things, then asked what the outlook would be for a CZ Shadow 2 since they are so hard to get in. Lo and behold...they had one in the back.....

A CZ Shadow 2. I seriously didn't think I'd see one in this state for a while, but there it was along with a 2-tone one. It came with three hi-capacity mags which the LGS sent to get pinned for 10-round capacity (which is why they weren't on display), so I just ordered a couple of 10-rd CZ75B mags in the meantime, but there you go....I basically tripped over the one gun I was interested in, when I was pretty sure I wouldn't be seeing one.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Tried some palm swell grips from Cool Hand, but they were a bit too much. Got a set of aluminum grips from Henning Group, and I think I'm settling on these. They have a nice 'moderate' palm well but are still slim, and the checkering has very good grip.....

Took it to the range and really liked it. Accuracy was right on and nice to be able to adjust the sights to different loads. It's weird, for the days leading up the ergos felt funky, but at the range while shooting it felt really good. I still probably wouldn't use it for something like IDPA (can't anyway, rules-wise), but for target/plate shooting, it's awesome. Very little recoil and that extra weight up front brings the muzzle right back on target in an instant.

Will be shooting plates tomorrow night with it.

·
Banned
4,850 Posts
What shop did you buy it at?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. I recently ordered 6 10 round Mecgar magazines for mine, and they work really well. They’re just as nice as the 17s (except for capacity). I’ll be using them in most matches, since I can only load 10 anyway.
Yeah, those are the ones I got and they were very reasonable too. I'll have the other three pinned ones this week.

What shop did you buy it at?
I got it at a small local shop who's a CZ dealer, but I liken CZ to some fish in that they 'spawn' at certain times and occasionally get stuff out to dealers...especially here in CT with the 10-rd magazines. So I actually went there feeling 'safe' from spending money since I was certain they wouldn't have one. As it turns out they had two, this and the 2-tone one.

I tried to convince myself to just turn and walk out the door, but then I figured the chances of getting one of these locally wold be rare, and I got it for a little less than on Gunbroker.

·
Banned
4,850 Posts
Yeah, those are the ones I got and they were very reasonable too. I'll have the other three pinned ones this week.

I got it at a small local shop who's a CZ dealer, but I liken CZ to some fish in that they 'spawn' at certain times and occasionally get stuff out to dealers...especially here in CT with the 10-rd magazines. So I actually went there feeling 'safe' from spending money since I was certain they wouldn't have one. As it turns out they had two, this and the 2-tone one.

I tried to convince myself to just turn and walk out the door, but then I figured the chances of getting one of these locally wold be rare, and I got it for a little less than on Gunbroker.
Will it take regular cz75 mags?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts