close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SF vs Not

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Windsong, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Windsong

Windsong

I have a Glock G21-G4 and have seen G21SF and G21-G3's at internet stores, my question is - is the difference between the G21 and G21SF related to the capacity of the magazine (10 vs 13) or are the frame (slide) lengths and/or widths different?
    What is the difference between the G21-G3 and the G21-G4?
    I want to install a "Zev Ultimate Fulcrum Drop-in Adjustable Trigger Kit" in my G41-G4, would the kit for the G4-21 work in the G4-41

2. nikolaz

nikolaz

The Gen3-SF and Gen4 without back straps have the same distance from trigger to back of the grip. The Gen3 non-SF and Gen4 with M backstrap have the same distance from trigger to back of grip.

If you have smaller hands you'll appreciate going with the SF and Gen4.

As for Gen3 (non-SF/SF) v Gen4, this debate will never end. Personally for me it goes by cost. Less than $50 difference I'll go Gen4, more I'll go Gen3.

3. patw

patw

On a bigger caliber like a 45 or 10 mm, I prefer the sf models. The grip does not seem so big(grip wise).

4. Windsong

Windsong

Thank you for the info. It is good to know moving forward. Perhaps you could give me your opinion on installing a Truglo TFX Pro sight on my G41. I would prefer to do it myself, if possible.
    I like the sights on my G21, but between the trigger and the sights on the G41, it is hard to get decent groups. Any information would be appreciated.

5. TXscooterguy

TXscooterguy Old, One-legged, Fat Guy

I have a Glock 21 Gen 4 so I know of what I speak. Obviously this pistol does not fit you. It would be dangerous for you to attempt to shoot it again. I recommend you remove the magazine, check the chamber (visually and tactilely) and place the pistol in its case. Because I am concerned about your safety, I'll give you $200 plus shipping for it. Act now!

YOU KNOW I'M JUST KIDDING!!!

The more you shoot it, the better it's going to feel for you. Before you bounce to a new pistol, put a couple hundred rounds through this one. Oh, and I'd suggest you hold off on any mods until you get to know it in its stock configuration.