Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have g29 and since the new 30...29 sf framed glocks came out i feel that i do not have the best...
How big of a difference really it is ??? Well it is a fat bulky grip.. The new one i have no idea how much of an improvement it is..all gun stores are empty and there is no way to check it..
I would appreciate your opinions

·
Premium Member
42,140 Posts
I believe it is a 3mm difference between front strap to back.
Does not sound like a lot, but, it's a difference in feel.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Any problems "holding" your 29 now?
The differencs is slight but enough to feel.
I have the non SF 29 and 30 and have no intentions of replacing them with the SF models.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
The SF's have 3-4mm shorter distance to the trigger than the "regular" pistols. If you can comfortably reach the trigger on your gun there is no reason to switch it out IMO. Easiest thing to do is to go to a store or show and determine for yourself if the short frame is of any value to you.

·
Banned
18,888 Posts
Any problems "holding" your 29 now?
The differencs is slight but enough to feel.
I have the non SF 29 and 30 and have no intentions of replacing them with the SF models.
Same here. Plus, there sure alot of negative threads on the G30SF these days. Haven't noticed any about the G29SF, but I'm sure the .45 is a way bigger seller than the 10mm. Either way, I can't tell .02 worth of difference between the SF and non SF versions.

·
Registered
807 Posts

3mm off the back makes a big difference for people with short trigger fingers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have medium sized hands and could not feel the difference. A buddy of mine has very large hands and he could not feel the difference at all. In my experience with them it would be men with small hands or woman that are going to be the ones that can actually tell the difference between the two.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I have medium sized hands and could not feel the difference. A buddy of mine has very large hands and he could not feel the difference at all. In my experience with them it would be men with small hands or woman that are going to be the ones that can actually tell the difference between the two.

I have medium (medium to large glove) sized hands also. I owned a G21 and G21sf at the same time. Still have the 21sf. The difference is SIGNIFICANT to me. Not in trigger reach (I couldn't really tell a difference), but in overall grip feel. The bottom of the 21sf grip is about the same as a 17 (front to back). Makes a huge difference IMO.

·
Arrows first
444 Posts
i wear a large size glove, and the SF 3-4mm made all the difference to me, the non-SF was fine, but the SF to be honest made a difference and its why i have a G30SF because of that.

i would like to get a G20/9SF just hasnt decided.

·
Man W/ A Badge
1,778 Posts
I have g29 and since the new 30...29 sf framed glocks came out i feel that i do not have the best...
Scary to read that. If you've had a G29 all this time and shot it fine (accurate, reliable, quick) and its comfortable, I would not even consider a SF model to be better than the model you currently have. 3mm off the back strap is nice...definitely changes the feel of the grip and the trigger reach...but its no reason to feel you don't have the best already.

·
Premium Member
42,140 Posts
Seems quite common actually. I know many people whom feel compelled
to always have the latest and greatest,..... everything.
Does not make sense to me, use what you got!

·
Banned
4,208 Posts
I don't know about the 30 and 29 SF...

I do know that when I made a change to the G21SF...I was hugely disappointed. Yeah, there was a noticeable difference in feel. I can honestly say that I think that whole SF thing has compromised the "perfection" of Glock.

Huge increase in recoil. POA is waaaaay different. Reliability has suffered. Huge increase in recoil.

I was able to shoot the 21 and 21SF side by side after my initial shoot. The G21 is hands down 100% better than the SF model.

I no longer own the SF model anymore. I will be getting a G21 again in the future though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Go to your gun store and handle both. I went from a 29 to a 29sf after checking both.

whole SF thing has compromised the "perfection" of Glock. ??????? :crazy:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can honestly say that I think that whole SF thing has compromised the "perfection" of Glock.
:upeyes:

OP I wear XL gloves but I still shoot a 21sf vs a standard 21 because it fits so much better.
Recoil management and feel is far better than the G21 and due to the better grip my accuracy is significantly improved. A more secure purchase on the 21sf also allows me measurably faster follow up shots.

Overall the 21SF is a much superior firearm than the standard G21.

None of my Glocks have ever failed. So I can't really compare perfection to perfection...pass the KoolAid.

·
Registered
247 Posts
:upeyes:

OP I wear XL gloves but shoot a 21sf because it fits so much better.
Recoil management and feel is far better than the G21 and due to the better grip my accuracy is significantly improved. A more secure purchase on the 21sf also allows me measurably faster follow up shots.

Overall the 21SF is a much superior firearm than the standard G21.

None of my Glocks have ever failed. So I can't really compare perfection to perfection...pass the KoolAid.
+1

Also, I always wanted a Glock 21 but never pulled the trigger on it as it never felt right in my hand. I am used to big guns as I own a Para Ordanace P14-45 and really love shooting it. The 21sf is why I finally got a Glock in .45 and it is my nightstand gun with Ameriglo night sights and a Varadien XL 5.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also have large hands, but the 30SF just felt better in my hand than the standard 30 did. I didn't need the extra trigger reach that the SF offers, but it really was a better fit overall. I'm glad to see the same opinions expressed above. The notion that the SF is just for smaller handed inviduals is incorrect, IMO. Find a store that has both in stock and compare them side by side. That's what I did before making the purchase.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I could never really shoot a Beretta 96 confidently, my finger just didn't "naturally" sit right on the trigger when "naturally" gripping the pistol in a combat draw. I changed to a Glock 23 and never looked back. When they let us use .45 cal I tried the Glock 21 and for my small hands it was the tomahawk all over again. I tried the 21sf when it came out and it was perfect! I now also have a Glock 30sf. It's just a matter of hand size and if the 20 fits, no need to change.

·
Intergalactic
4,127 Posts
For some people it is just enough of a difference to matter...for others it's a waste of time.
Really the SF is something that you can only judge for yourself by handling and preferably shooting one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts