SF vs Gen4 No Backstap

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BKG-22, Feb 12, 2010.

1. BKG-22

BKG-22 Millennium Member

I know - this is speculation at this point - but any thoughts regarding the Gen4 G20/21 with no backstrap being equivalent in size to the current G20/21 SF models?

I am kinda hoping the the Gen4 w/no backstrap will actually be a bit smaller, but.... :dunno:

The waiting game... I never was very patient. :whistling:

2. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

They are the same..SF=no backstrap insert..

3. Armed to the teeth!

Armed to the teeth!

Not sure if it will be smaller.However I checked out the G22 with no backstrap and it felt great.I have big hands so I would probably go with the stander back strap. But I was suprised how good it felt without one on I was abble to get a very good firm grip.

4. BKG-22

BKG-22 Millennium Member

Aaaarg... was afraid of that. Plus, who knows how long it will be before the Gen4's actually show up for the other models. Glock seems to be pretty tight lipped about the whole thing.

Thanks for the heads up.

5. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

If you like the current SF models, best get one now before they are discontinued.

6. lcubanito

lcubanito

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I'm more curious as to the Gen 4 effect on the grips of models that are not offered with an SF frame.

For examples, would a Gen 4 Glock 17 or Glock 19 have a smaller grip (reduced trigger reach) over the Gen 3 models?

7. beancounter81

beancounter81

Yes, according to the specs in the 2010 Glock Annual. For a Gen 4 G22, the trigger reach with no added backstrap (SF mode) is 3.34". With +1 backstrap (equivalent of Gen 3), trigger reach is 3.42". With +2 backstrap, trigger reach is 3.50". They increase in 2mm increments. (Note - +1 and +2 are the terms used in the specs to represent "medium" and "large")

8. greenlion

greenlion

I'd be willing to bet that GLOCK will offer only two backstraps for the G20 and G21; One that makes it SF sized, and one that makes the grip as large as the original G21. Looks like if they could have made the grip any smaller than the SF models they would have done it on the SF models already, because a lot of people don't think it was ENOUGH of a reduction. Works for me though.