SF models

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by twag4, Mar 27, 2010.

1. twag4

twag4

What makes the SF models short frame. What part or area is shorter. I do not have a local dealer here that has SF in any model to compare to a normal model. I hear the guys who have them rave, I want to know if I need to become one of those guys. Pictures of normal next to SF to illustrate the difference would be very helpful. Thank You GT!

2. hunt_ak

hunt_ak

Material was taken out of the backstrap, making the circumference of the grip smaller...

3. hunt_ak

hunt_ak

4. twag4

twag4

Hunt, your pictures are not available. Plz Plz try again.

5. Seawolf

Seawolf

Well sort of,

The length from frontstrap to backstrap is shorter, which technically makes the grip circumference smaller, but the actual width of the grip is the same.

Fractions of an inch in length from front to back may not seem like a lot, but if you were someone who had a little trouble reaching the trigger before on the standard model the SF model will feel drastically better.

The SF grip size is now the standard size on the Gen4 pistols. People get confused because they think the new Gen4 has 3 different backstraps you can change when it actually only has 2, Medium and Large. They simply clip on over the stock SF grip to make it either a Gen3 size or larger.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  6. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member