Glock Talk banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
The instructions say 15 inch pounds, which is not a lot. It's two-finger snug tight, not cranked down. It comes with 2 pre-lock tite'd screws and a little wrench. Install took 30 seconds including opening the little plastic pouch the screws are packaged in. Initial zero was pretty close but a couple inches right at 15 yards. It zero'd easily.
Sounds like you’re very happy w/your purchase. If you don’t mind sharing where did you order it and how much?

·
Registered
GLOCK® 19X & 43X
4,511 Posts
Sexiest 9mm Glock is the G19X 😁
The G45 is a Black 19X with MOS & front cocking serrations + Gen 5 attributes = Magazine floor plates & no lip for it...
Photograph Air gun Trigger Wood Line

Damn these two Glocks are KEEPERS...

Congrats @+Pete on the G45, I note a Tango Down/Vickers Tactical magazine floorplate in OD 👍
Why are you taking photos in the bathroom? Next time crop your feet out of the picture

Are you Naked? An old buddy of mine Steve used to say that every time he came around... :ROFLMAO:
RIP STEVE... POW/MIA Vietnam Veteran

·
Registered
964 Posts
Shorter barrel is "sexy"?
If you say so.
Hey that’s what I’m trying to convince my wife.
At least it doesn't have those gawdawful forward slide serrations but what's worse is that the gun is that butt-ugly Coyote Turd Yellow color and has that funny little "lip" in front of the magazine.

I did get to shoot a G19x, though, and I really liked how the long grip.short barrel points more naturally and balances in your hand. I generally much prefer a G19 (or G23) to a G17 or G22, but I can shoot a G45 better than either one because of the better balance and greater pointability.

I've shot G17's with chopped G19 length grips which are theoretically supposed to be the ideal configuration but in actual practice they feel awkward and clumsy in your hand. and the 1/2 inch longer slide offers at most a 25 fps advantage in velocity and most guns, when you actually chronograph them will differ by more than that, even if it's the same length barrel in the same brand gun. I've chronographed a lot of guns and that's true of both rifles and pistols. And as far as sight radius, a lot of people shoot a G26 better than they can shoot a G19
I love the 17 grip. I was literally thinking of chopping my 34 to a 19 this morning yet I’m afraid the balance and awkwardness may not achieve what I’m after.
On the complete flip side I miss my 45 because it did have that balance. I also would not have to change holsters when I go from my 26 that I carry in a 19 holster and the 45.
I think I just have the itch for something new. An itch I’m trying to avoid and focus on ammo.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Sexiest 9mm Glock is the G19X 😁
The G45 is a Black 19X with MOS & front cocking serrations + Gen 5 attributes = Magazine floor plates & no lip for it...
View attachment 1081617
Damn these two Glocks are KEEPERS...

Congrats @+Pete on the G45, I note a Tango Down/Vickers Tactical magazine floorplate in OD 👍
Why are you taking photos in the bathroom? Next time crop your feet out of the picture

Are you Naked? An old buddy of mine Steve used to say that every time he came around... :ROFLMAO:
RIP STEVE... POW/MIA Vietnam Veteran
Lol you got me 🍻. Not naked though

• Haha
Reactions: Glock 17L

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think there is a mistake. The G17 is still the sexiest Glock alive.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I `ll get burnt for this and own a few but a friend works in the PA prison system and is a gun guy said sum time bak they went with G /45 in 9mm and he shoots a lot said quite a few problems he is surprised .

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
*I consider the G45 as a "tweener Glock : G17 grip with G19 slide / barrel ... For me , glad I own a G17 and a G26 as you can have the tweener G19 (or equivalent) category . Now if you could only own one Glock - I get it . But Glocks are like Lays Potato Chips - you can't only have one !

81 - 96 of 96 Posts