Glock Talk banner

Setting up my introduction

292 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  ruffterrain
Was notified that I have to introduce myself to the GlockTalk community. Hi everyone from sunny/rainy/snowy/hot/cold Colorado. And that was yesterday during a 15 minute timeframe!!
I've lived here since February of 1972. Stationed at the Air Force Academy, then Peterson AFB, Lindsey Air Station in Germany, then Cheyenne Mountain and then ended my 24 year career at Space Command at Peterson in January 1991. My first assignment was Wheelus Air Force Base in Libya. This was after completing arctic survival training - go figure! Then back to the states at Goldsboro, N.C. and to the AFA from there. I was very blessed in the Air Force. Never a dull moment!! Loved it.

Retired here in Colorado Springs and now helping to raise three grandkids, 19 (in college), 10 and 7 year olds. Keeps me young and broke!!

Owned other makes of pistols and three years ago purchased my first Glock after firing one at a range. Some of my friends at church are police officers and they recommended the G23. Also purchased the G19 and have enjoyed both since. My EDC was the G23, but a couple of months ago switched to the G19. And now, during the summer, I've been carrying the G43.

Spent a lot of money for formal training and read/view training articles and videos on the computer. That's what attracted me to GlockTalk. There are so many knowledgeable members and I enjoy reading all the posts. Also dry fire practice just about every day and go to the range every two weeks with other gun nuts. Last week my 19 year old grand daughter, a friend of hers, an 18 year old ranch raised gal and I went to the range and burned through 700 rounds. They both were shooting more accurately that the guys on either side of them. They both shot the G19, G23 and the shotgun. I was busy loading the magazines!! I did get to shoot some though. Great day!

I really enjoy reading the posts on GlockTalk. Thank you to all the members for your input. Well, it's time to quit this rambling on intro and go to the range!! Got a call from another Glock owner and he's heading to the range and wanted to know if I was up for it. Heck yes!! Bye, for now. Have a great day.
See less
Reactions: ruffterrain
Was notified that I have to introduce myself to the GlockTalk community. Hi everyone from sunny/rainy/snowy/hot/cold Colorado. And that was yesterday during a 15 minute timeframe!!
I've lived here since February of 1972. Stationed at the Air Force Academy, then Peterson AFB, Lindsey Air Station in Germany, then Cheyenne Mountain and then ended my 24 year career at Space Command at Peterson in January 1991. My first assignment was Wheelus Air Force Base in Libya. This was after...
See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
Hello, welcome from Columbus, Ga. :banana: :bluesbrothers: :devildance:

· Registered
3,694 Posts
Greetings from a point east of the 100th meridian where humidity rules the weather kingdom. :cowboy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.