close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Setting up my 34

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by -, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Guest

Hello everyone, a friend and I are planning to shoot competition. We both have purchased a G34. We are looking for some help on choosing a good optics mount, and optics. There are so many brands out there so we want to make good choices. Could anyone suggest good brands of both Mounts and Optics and possibly where to find them. We like the red-dot systems but we also like the holographic systems.

Thanks

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/index2.ivnu Here is the web site for Carver Mounts. Bobby is a GSSF Competitor and is a Master Class Shooter. He has developed the Best Mount on the market at a great price. He also carries the C-mor Red Dot. Check it out and e-mail or call if you have any questions. He will also be at the Conyers, GA match next weekend with a bunch of his mounts.

It would be helpfull if you would give your general location (ie: state, east or west coast) many times you will get more info because folks will tend to pay more attention and take your request for info more serious.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Guess he didn't like your answer Don, he just posted the question over in Parts and Access. ;Q

4. Guest

Thanks for the information, I am viewing B and B as we speak. I'm from Wyoming, I found some posts that show all the areas here for competition. This is all new for me so any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5. Don At PC

Yep, I just saw that. Since this was only his 2nd post maybe he is trying to run up his post count.;f ;g Of course maybe he is just a figment of our imagination since we still have no idea if he is earthbound or elsewhere. ~1 ~1

6. Fireglock

It says he's from Wyoming now. Nice place to be, except there's no GSSF real close. :)

7. Don At PC

mooney_scotty;

Have you decided what type of competition shooting, IPSC, IDPA, SASS, GSSF and so on. This should be and inportant part of your decision making process as to gun and accessaries you want or need. What setup that is good for one is not necessarily good or legal for the other.

8. Guest

Where is the nearest GSSF? I can always get on my horse and meander to the next state ya know.

9. Don At PC

Check out www.gssfonline.com. This site has all the GSSF rules, locations with map to each match and match results.

10. Guest

Well I have my G34, a G21 duty weapon, and G17. The 21 and 17 are both stock. The 34 is the one I want set up. Which competition is for the modified pistol? Optics, ports, for the truely modified pistol.

11. Don At PC

In GSSF the only category for the realy modified is the Unlimited Masters Class. IPSC has a simular category. IDPA I don't think has a category for a really modified gun and SASS is Single Action Six Guns, Rifles and Shotguns of the old west type.

12. Fireglock

You can shoot your duty gun or 17 in AmCiv or if you're LEO AmLEO and then your 34 can be definitely setup for Unlimited Master. For Unlimited you need to have a Glock frame and all the safeties need to work, then it's do your thing.

Greeley CO is probably the closest to you but it's already been held this year. Salt Lake is close as is Coeur D'Alene, Idaho.

13. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Closest outdoor GSSF matches to Wyoming might be:

Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Phoenix, AZ
    Greeley, CO
    Salt Lake City, UT
    V E G A S!

14. EMillen

EMillen Millennium Member

Hmmm... I brought a Glock to a Cowboy Action match once, the RO's noticed it right off. ;)
    Edgar Millen
    SASS #18911

15. Don At PC

Yep, I bet you got some strange looks and comments about that one. ;f ;f ;f

Looking forward to seeing you and the fine folks at Lexington soon. Wont be long. Great match that I look forward to every year. A long ride but worth every mile. ;Y

16. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Yep, just as I thought! Don at Pc and Fireglock have way way tooooo much time on their hands.;Q You two need something to spend more time on.;g

Pharaoh

17. Don At PC

Yep and its great. I would of course consider the right job for the right pay under my conditions. Otherwise I will enjoy just piddling and trying to keep FireGlock out of trouble. ^8 ^8 ^8 ~1 ~1 ~2

18. Fireglock

My wife can't keep me out of trouble and she's right here! ;f

19. Don At PC

We have noticed that to. ;f ;f ;f ;c ;c

20. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

Here is my 34, mods so far include a Carver Hunter mount with a C-More sight, tungsten guide rod, extended slide lock and polished internals. Soon to add aftermarket barrel and AGrip.