Session timeout?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Texashorsepower, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Texashorsepower

Texashorsepower

I'm not a quick typer and it seems every time I go to write a post if it takes more than 5 mins. when I hit submit post it tells me i'm not logged in and I have to start all over. Is there a setting or something so it doesn't kick me out after 5 mins.??

Thanks folks

Russ

2. Texashorsepower

Texashorsepower

No answers huh? Puzzling me too......

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

Hello,

Yes, it happens to me too, but it takes more like 12-15 minutes for it to kick in, in my case.

I don't know what causes it, but when it's been discussed in the past, many folks say it DOESN'T happen to them, so I don't think it's a problem with Glock Talk (or it would happen to everyone, equally). More likely, it has something to do with how our computers interact with GT; our ISPs might even be involved somehow.

Here's a few ways I (and other folks) deal with it. You can open a second window in your browser, go to GT, and every few minutes open a new thread or go to another forum in that window. This keeps your computer active within GT, and you won't get logged out. If you have a long answer to type, use your word processor or Notepad, and then copy and paste it into the GT response window when you're done (once again, move around in GT every few minutes while you type). Finally, if it happens unexpectedly, sometimes you can hit your browser's "Back" button to return to the response page, and then copy and paste your response into a blank word processor doc or text file, then try again later.

Hope this was helpful; sorry I couldn't actually solve your problem.

4. Texashorsepower

Texashorsepower

I would say your answer seems to be the only solution (and a simple one at that) so i'll give it a go! I just wasn't sure if there was something I was doing incorrect. Great, problem solved in my book! :thumbsup: