close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sesame Street's Elmo a Pedafile

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by PaulMason, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulMason

PaulMason

2. iiibbb

iiibbb

Beware 16 year olds who watch Sesame Street.

3. frizz

frizz

4. PaulMason

PaulMason

I'm sorry if this is outing you.

http://crime.about.com/od/sex/p/pedophile.htm

The pedophile will often be employed in a position that involves daily contact with children. If not employed, he will put himself in a position to do volunteer work with children, often in a supervisory capacity such as sports coaching, contact sport instruction, unsupervised tutoring or a position where he has the opportunity to spend unsupervised time with a child.

5. TK-421

TK-421

Don't try and burn the witch when you don't even know if it's a witch. He's not a pedophile until proven guilty. It's entirely possible that the kid is making it up to try and get money. Probably not likely, but it is a possibility until we get more info. Right now it's only allegations, which don't mean much until an investigation is completed.

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

This sends chills down my spine. We had Elmo at my child's 3rd birthday party! The monster was in my house!

7. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

He admits he had sex with his accuser, so even if one assumes that the sex didn't take place when the guy was 16, and instead the older man waited until the accuser was 17 or 18, you're still dealing with a case of a 45 year-old man having sex with a 17-18 year old.

That's, at a minimum, creepy as all hell - even if one buys Mr. Elmo's story.

And of course if the accuser is telling the truth it's more than just creepy, it's illegal.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  8. racerford

racerford

I think the key is the unsupervised time.

I am not a big fan of "drop and run" where parents drop their kids at little league practice, scouts, etc. and come back later. This leaves the possibility of children being left alone with a relatively unknown adult.

I think people should be careful of inferences. pedophiles seek jobs that involve daily contact, therefore people that work with children and enjoy or seek out work with children are likely to be pedophiles. Men rape women therefore all men should be treated as likely rapists.

Adults that seek out sexual relations with children (under 13) are still very rare. There closer you get to the age of majority the more common it becomes. Even in the teen years significant age differences (a couple of year?) are illegal in most states and inappropriate by the vast majority of sober adults.

I would agree most parents need to be more prudent in the unsupervised contact they allow their children to have.

9. Kozel

Kozel

As with every paranoid public obsession newest one goes way over sanity limit. BBC chief just resigned because one guy said that he was molested but could not even identify the picture of “molestor”. Before anybody thought about it story was in the headlines.

Yeah, there are molestors, plenty of them and yeah they should be executed if charges are proven but frenzied crowds of latest lynching mob will hang Elmo before they even realize that it is a stuffed toy.

10. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

[​IMG]

11. sappy13

sappy13

I do a really good Elmo voice. I think its time I get famous.

12. TK-421

TK-421

He admits he had sex with the accuser when he was a legal adult, so what. A 45 year old man had sex with an 18 year old man, big whoop. It happens more than you think and shouldn't be creepy. Besides, if he was 18 at the time then it was perfectly legal, and he shouldn't be crucified as a pedophile, which is exactly what the OP is trying to do.

What he's trying to do is set the guy on fire before all the facts are heard. It would be like me claiming you're an alcoholic and MADD trying to murder you just on the basis of my accusation, without any actual proof.

13. NDcent

NDcent Socially Inept

He should be treated as innocent until proven guilty, but... If he even had close contact with the kid at age 16, or before, brings in speculation of child grooming. Whether he's guilty or not a company would be smart to cut ties and distance itself, IMO.

14. TK-421

TK-421

Exactly, innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, when it comes to allegations of child molestation, it seems to be guilty until proven dead. But yes, the company should most definitely distance itself until at least this blows over, if he's proven innocent. And he probably shouldn't be publicly seen with Elmo, even if he is proven innocent. "Oh my gosh, a gay guy plays Elmo, but I don't want my kids seeing him with Elmo, otherwise my child think it might be okay to be gay, and that's just wrong." :faint:

15. devildog2067

devildog2067

I do lots of volunteer work with children (well, high school kids mostly, not small children).

I am not a pedophile.

Most people who try to give back to their communities by helping kids are not pedophiles.

Caution is good. Paranoia is bad.

16. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I am very reluctant to work with other folks' kids of any age unless another parent is there.

If my kids are not involved, I have ZERO interest in participating.

The closest I get to kids is interning a male and one female 11th or 12th grader every semester in my business, and we are never together alone.

Am I attracted to kids? As much as Bren or Tantrix are attracted to living in NYC without a gun, in a commune with a bunch hairy unwashed men.

I am not attracted to kids, and I've also done the risk/benefit/detriment/damage analysis and figured out no matter how great a coach/mentor I think I am, all it takes is one little lying ******* to ruin my life. :)

- G

17. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Ah, yes. The good old "If you don't agree with me, then you're a pedafile (sic) yourself" defense. Well played. :upeyes:

18. JW1178

JW1178

If it were a 12 year old, it would be one thing, but a 16 year old, not exactly a child. Waits until he's 23 to talk, sounds like someone is trying to cash out and get his 15mins of fame.

19. Lampshade

Lampshade

Pedophilia is an attraction to children.

A relationship between an adult and a minor in their mid teens may well be illegal, but pedophilia it is not.

A lot of GT'ers seem to really struggle with this.

20. PaulMason

PaulMason

You mean this?
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...koDwBA&usg=AFQjCNF1T0fiaLYigMPizUUJ6NmYwhdfIA
    Not what you are saying?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.