Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that it is available for download,,,,is it safe to do so?? free of problems and bugs and such. It seems to be a long 4 hour download on dial up for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
There are reports of a few bugs here and there but that is true of any service pack. It is the release verisons so it's final.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well......my system works fine the way it now is, so in any opnion do I really need to take it in my system. Ya know the old saying,,,if it aint broke done mess with it. :)

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
Most of the SP3 pain was centered on Presario and Pavilion PCs with AMD procs. If you want to check your said system for potential issues BEFORE installation go to find.pcworld.com/60878.

If you've installed it already, go to the HP advisory on how to resolve the issue at find.pcworld.com/60879.

Microsoft is offering free tech support for XP SP3 installation. You can call 866-234-6020 or for XP Home users head over to find.pcworld.com/60880.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
As a note to the above post Microsoft has always offered free tech support when installing updates or service packs to their entire product line.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
SP3 gave my desktop the BSOD. Had to restore to earlier date to go back to SP2, where I'll stay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts