Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this meets Eric's criteria on cheap. Compared to new retail this is very cheap.

I have for sale a Server rackmount with four APC Rackmount battery back-ups. The rack retailed for over $1000.00 new. Two of the rackmounts back-ups retailed for close to $2000.00 each and Two of them retailed for close to $1400.00 each. Total about $7800.00 if new. However, I will sacrifice them for cheap :supergrin: See the price below. These units look very impressive. All four are mounted on the rack which is over 6 foot tall

Here are more details: The APC battery back-up units are for computer power conditioning and surge protection. Two of them are SU2200RM3U and the other two are SU1400RM3U. I used three of them for my and my wife's computers and my computer repair shop. When we had power outages we could be up and running for hours and still online. I even plugged in a lamp to one of them when we had an extended power outage. Two are 2200VA/1600 Watts and the other two are 1400VA/950 Watts

These units have boost and trim. They automatically kick in on a power dip and make up the low voltage. If I receive a power spike they clip the voltage to be within the parameters. The computers never are exposed to dips and spikes and last much longer. And no more lost computer work i.e. word or spreadsheet that you have during a power outage without these type units.

Even if someone does not need or want the whole sha-bang there is an oppurtunity to make money with any of the items on Ebay. I saw the same rack alone sell for $500.00 about a week ago. Why don't I sell them on eBay? I simply don't have the time and need the extra room and cash ASAP. I am re-doing our home office and I need the extra room. I still own many back-up units so I won't miss these.

The rack can also be used for high-end home stereos. For that matter the whole set-up has many uses. Such as powering and protecting your high-end home theatre system, computer and most any other electronics. They are true Sinewave output.

I will let them go for $600.00 firm. Yes, only Six Hundred Dollars. They are ready for battery replacement which batteries are relatively cheap. They all use the same battery part number but different quantity. The 2200's take 8 and the 1400's take 4. The part number is RBC2 which you can get new on Ebay for as little as $5.00/battery on up and/or there are numerous retailers.

Even if you only need one unit. As I say you can sell the others on eBay even without batteries. A realistic price if I were to sell all these parts mentioned, plus the rack, I could get $900.00 even without new batteries.

My loss can be your gain. If interested PM me. I can e-mail you pictures and any furthur technical info or answer any questions.

This would be a pick-up only. It is not feasible to ship a rack this big and the weight of the units. These units are heavy as they are built for years of service. The pick-up area would be North of Indanapolis Indiana.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never been able to attach pics on Glocktalk. I will check and see if I can PM you with an e-mail address for me or whatever means of communication. Then I can e-mail you some pics and technical specifications once we get hooked up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts