Serpa CQC Holster Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JRD, Mar 24, 2010.

1. JRD

JRD

I have a Blackhawk CQC Level 2 Serpa Concealment Holster for my Glock G19. The instructions are good, but I found a very detailed description here:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...3-blackhawk-level-2-serpa-holster-review.html

The detailed description refers to "an adjustable screw which adjusts the tension of the Level 1 passive retention system. This system is comprised of a long spring loaded mechanism that runs the length of the inside bottom of the holster (right under the barrel of the gun) and provides tension to the underside of the barrel/frame as well as a small piece that also provides some spring loaded tension on the front of the trigger guard" (italics are mine).

My holster does not have the "long spring loaded mechanism" but only the small curved spring piece at the top, near the trigger guard. Is this typical? There is a groove where the under barrel mechanism could be placed, but I'm wondering if Blackhawk changed the design. Please check your holsters and advise.

JRD

2. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

In this photo, the thing with the 1 line touching it looks like the plastic pie shaped thing that jumped out of my box when I opened it. I figured it was just for shipping and tossed it. No problems a year and a half later.

[​IMG]

3. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

It is normal. It doesn't run the length of the holster, but it is longer or shorter depending upon what gun the holster was made for. If it's not in there, the holster won't function as designed. It's not a disk, that really is part of the shipping package. This is a subtle protrusion below where your trigger guard stops when the weapon is holstered. It is, or should be, present in any serpa.

4. JRD

JRD

Good information, thanks for the responses. Glock Talk and its members are great assets, whether for the big picture or the countless details....

5. pilot5131

pilot5131

As I just purchased a Serpa CQC last week I also appreciate the information here.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  6. TriBum

TriBum

Can the pivot pin of the SERPA catch be removed? I would like to remove the SERPA catch for "quick draw" range use and put it back in for general use. So far I have been using ductape to hold the catch in but there has to be a better solution, other than reverting to to the level 1 holster.