Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside of 150 yards, a 12 gauge shotgun cannot be beat. I have lots of them, I love them, but times are tough and one of my baby's must go. Also, I will not respond to PM's so email direct. Cash FTF is preferred payment method but discreet PP works +4%
I'm now entertaining straight across trades for:
Springfield USGI 1911
Glock 19 or 23 or 21
Browning HP in 9mm or .40
S&W 442's or 442's
Old skool S&W Bodyguard (Ricardo Tubb's favorite)
S&W 645 (Crockett's favorite)

Keep in mind, Remington drastically increased their prices. LEO price for a Remington 870 police with bead sight and standard stocks is now $599.95. With my beast, you get a shotty ready to roll for $500, no tax, no fuss, no muss, no bubbles, no troubles!!!

$500 cash gets you this beauty. Sorry the pic is crap, but my cell phone took it:

Factory parkerized Remington 870, 3" magnum reciever, steel trigger housing, new lock mechanism in the safety.

Wilson Combat/Scattergun tech front tritium sight

Choate magazine extension

Choate forward sling swivel

Arms Tech AR15 stock converter with telestock

Ergo grip

Viking Tactical rubber buttpad

Side Saddle

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price reduced to $450 FTF in Fredericksburg, VA. Individual officer price for a magnum or a police marked 870 with standard plastic stocks, none of the extras listed and a bead sight is now $599 according to Lawmen Supply, our local "cop shop". Remington's prices just went up drastically across the board.
With my gun, you get all the ggodies and the gun for less than $150 off the "good guy" price. Hell of a deal, folks.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've got nearly the same setup. Very nice gun. Beauty of the 870 is that you can fire low-recoil rounds for practice and no feed problems.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reciever is marked, "870 Express Super Magnum". Let me explian something folks. ALL Remington 870 shotguns are manufactured from a single, solid block of steel. It does not matter if you have an Express, a Express Magnum, a Police, a Police Magnum, whatever, there are only very, very small differences in the trigger mechanism (some have a polymer/aluminum housing, some are steel). I have guns in my agency inventory that were made in the sixties and still ride on patrol today and , yes, I am an armorer. You know how many 870's I've had to fix over the years???? NONE! Just call me the Maytag Man of scatterguns.

Unless you are one of those kinds of folks that just has to have a "POLICE" marked gun for collectors reasons, please understand that all of these scatterguns are way overbuilt, 100% reliable, and all operate the same. Maybe I'm the dummy. When a machine works, I really don't care about the brand name. I guess that's why I loved all of the Nissan vehicles I've owned, and my Ford Mustang and Harley with the evolution motor. While not as sexy as a Mercedes or BMW, they work.

Now, who wants to swap me for a Glock or 1911?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Got your email. FWIW, there ARE significant differences as far as attention to detail and finish quality in regards to the Police Magnum. I only asked because I've got two other Express models and an old beater "Police" model and just wanted a newer one. That's the only reason I inquire. But yes, Express models are great weapons and worth the money.

Good luck with your sale.:cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Got your email. FWIW, there ARE significant differences as far as attention to detail and finish quality in regards to the Police Magnum. I only asked because I've got two other Express models and an old beater "Police" model and just wanted a newer one. That's the only reason I inquire. But yes, Express models are great weapons and worth the money.

Good luck with your sale.:cool:
Second that. There are a lot of diffrences between the Police and Express models. I will say you are making this gun sound like it is a Police model which it is not. Good luck with the sale.

·
Waka, Waka!
54 Posts
We've negotiated via email and we'll do the trade this weekend.

Just so everybody knows and doesn't get concerned... It's not my first 870; I am very aware of the differences between the Police and Express version, and our deal takes into account that this is an express.

I am in the habit of leaving online feedback for transactions on the net. I'll certainly be sure to do so for this one.

-Fozzy

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As the owner of the gun, a Remington LE armorer, and an 870 fan, can someone explain to me what the "significant" differences are? Educate me, please. Is it because of the shell stop? Are the action bars any different? The finish looks better than on our Police marked guns so it can't be that?
And no deal is done until $ and firearm exchange hands.

·
Waka, Waka!
54 Posts
I never meant to imply anything different. I clearly stated it hasn't happened, and I referenced that by mentioning that we couldn't leave feedback.

Now, if you're still hoping for somebody to offer you the full price you are asking for, then fine - I understand: The first one with the money is the winner...

All I did was mention in public that you were NOT trying to pass off your gun for something that it is not.

From the tone of your last posting it seems that you have some sort of problem with what I said. - Is that true?

·
Registered
213 Posts
As the owner of the gun, a Remington LE armorer, and an 870 fan, can someone explain to me what the "significant" differences are? Educate me, please. Is it because of the shell stop? Are the action bars any different? The finish looks better than on our Police marked guns so it can't be that?
That's a very nice shotgun and setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts