close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Serial Numbers

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JT1911, Apr 6, 2012.

1. JT1911

JT1911

Went looking for a Gen4 19/23 today. Found a couple at a lgs and asked to break them down. No dice. So, does anyone know when Glock started, serial # wise, started shipping with the new parts? Thanks.

2. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Why can't you inspect a firearm before purchasing? Send them on a fools errand? and disassemble it then.
    Can you get me an extra mag......
    Do you have a grip plug for this ...
    Oh, I'm sorry, I meant to give you my debit card not my atm card.

3. vmann

vmann Controller

yea, because a gun shop is going to turn their back on you with a gun in your hands....please...

4. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

They do it all the time.
    Really.

5. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Ok...... they really just blade at a 45 and ease away. Always keeping the advantage.
    I'm just kidding.

6. jv56

jv56 member

I would say anything after October 2011 to present should be new parts I believe. If serial number starts with "S."

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  7. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

I might look for another shop,all the LGS around here will allow it ,if not I'm down the road. SJ 40

8. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

I wouldn't buy a gun from a gun shop that won't let me thoroughly inspect it before I shell out my hard earned cash! No way!:dunno:

9. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

All you have to do is rack the slide back and look unless your wanting to inspect the connector.

10. DannyII

DannyII

I'd be willing to bet that the gun does not have the updated parts, and they know it.

I'd go back, ask to see the owner for your transaction, and explain to them that you definately want to buy the gun, but need to inspect the barrel and/or check the internals for manufacturing defects first. Ask, "Is it ok if I field strip it to check, or would you prefer to?" (That form of question is very useful in lots of situations.) You've just moved the consent from can I do it, to which one of us is going to do it.

If they still won't let you field strip it, move on. Tell them they just lost a sale, and all of your future business, too.

Then find another LGS because that one sucks.

11. Tomass

Tomass

After buying a G17 Gen4 this Feb/Mar thinking they ironed out the problems and now have a gun that throws brass at my face until I send it in to Glock for repair, I won't buy another unless I first see the RSA and ejector. There's too many places selling them for me not to have a look.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  12. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

You need to find a new gun shop.

13. multo17

multo17

I agree! My local gun shop here will let you or them break down the gun for inspection. However, I can't say this for all gun store owners.:cool:

14. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

You can lock the slide back and look at the ejector. As long as it has the new ejector, it should have all of the latest parts.

Here's a picture by Butch of the slides locked back on 9mm models showing the new 30274 ejector on the left, and the old 336 ejector on the right:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18458604&postcount=5

If you look at the ejector from the side, the new one has a broader tip and the old one has a finer tip, for both 9mm and .40.

New ejectors:
    http://i42.tinypic.com/veqdjp.jpg

Old ejectors:
    http://www.reviewsofthings.com/images/glock-ejector.JPG

15. SCC

SCC Member Me

I was at a lgs it had just opened and i was there to buy some ammo and went to the gun case to look at some glocks and seen a guy buying a used glock and the sales guy asked me where you could find a glock 299.00 .. he said they just got a batch of them in for that price ( DNR GLOCKS ) ..
    well the guy buying the gun ask me out of the 2 the guy had out what one would i pick !!
    so i was looking them over .. did just a field strip ..
    the sales guy turned back around from the mags they had on a shelf and seen that i had it apart and said hey you are not aloud to break them down till you buy them ... he said lots of guy would break them down and not know how to put them back together .. I told him i was sorry did not know that and put it back together for the guy ... told the buyer that i would show him how to disassemble it after he Left the store ..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012