Serial numbers and prices.

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by premiertactical, Sep 24, 2020.

1. premiertactical

premiertactical

So I am collecting past GB auction prices and images Glocks sold for.
    This really is a massive amount of ongoing work.
    I have 90 days in order to observe the past auction and try and capture the serial number from the images or text.
    Then edit the images.
    So I am thinking of just grabbing serial numbers, price sold for and date and creating a thread dedicated to just to keep a running list of what older/collectable Glocks have sold for.
    This will also allow us to see if certain ones are just being flipped.
    I’m thinking this may be a better way of watching this aspect of Glock collectibility grow.

The issue with trying to do this with all the images is the limit on images per post. It creates difficulty when you are at a image number limit and have a new image for that run of serial numbers. You have to pull out one and add it in a lower post. If that’s at 10 then you have to move all these images around. I got tired of that quick and simplified how I do it now.

Any thoughts?

glockhoarder likes this.
  2. JMS

JMS 02

Why worry about the images?

premiertactical likes this.

3. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

I agree with JMS. No pictures needed. Just really appreciate your effort in this endeavor. Thanks FB

4. mtstream

mtstream

It's tough to judge factors that might have influenced a price without an image. Describing the details in words is even more work.

I always felt this really needed to be a database but too much learning curve for me. :(

I deeply appreciate Premier grabbing the information but I don't know an answer. Does the site act differently when using image hosting?

5. premiertactical

premiertactical

I did the images merely to show condition and the price it obtained.
    Plus images also showed what also came with it.
    I tried to include in the image selection before I screen shot it a smaller image showing contents.
    As we know this completeness has played a role.
    I have no idea how this will reflect on just seeing the limited data I now want to do.
    I may just suck it up and continue with the screen grabs but maybe only update a few times a year.
    I search weekly and watch as many Gen 1s and 2s I can find. I’m really only focused on the 17 and 19 series. Just too much work to broaden the watch list.

But I appreciate the feedback.

6. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

If the images create a big problem could you just indicate a condition and completeness in your data dase?

7. 58sniper

58sniper Gold Member

I've started grabbing all of the pics from gunbroker when I buy something. Plus printing the auction to .pdf. The one auction I *really* wish I had pics from is when the Gen 1 G19 went for ~$7k. I wasn't in that auction, but I do now own that pistol. But I get it, it's a ton of work if any time slips by. Gotta optimize the time.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  8. mtstream

mtstream

I wonder if the GCA could work something out with Gunbroker to provide them information on specified models?

9. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Fantastic idea.

Thanks so much for all that you do!!!

I think that one or two images to show condition and completeness would be ideal.

So much of this is out there already with images. Just hard to search.

In fact, this is my issue. For instance, I'd love to add JQ102 to my thread on CA SNs. The thing is it takes me time to find the thread. I wish that we could have a few reference threads stuck at the top of the Collector Forum to make them easy to find and easy to update.

For several years, I've posted images in the threads about better guns.

10. 58sniper

58sniper Gold Member

11. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

I'll find some of my reference threads and will ad them there when I have time.

I meant some stickys of the important threads themselves. Thing is, would have to strictly limit them. Pretty subjective on which to put there.

58sniper likes this.
  12. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

7A9E5B22-90A7-4B79-AF32-756D8E35E36D.jpeg
    Had to do some searching, but I found a screenshot I took of your gun when Smokie purchased it Sniper.