close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sent My G30SF Back

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by markbet, Jan 25, 2010.

1. markbet

markbet

As much as I loved this gun, after a 100 rounds, I found that I had a deep groove in my trigger bar from the slide rubbing on it. The range that I shoot at, was where I purchased the gun, and the owner is also a gunsmith. I showed him what was going on, and he agreed, that that was an unacceptable flaw that Glock needs to address.

I was in so high hopes that my gun was one that would not be affected, but no such luck.

The range owner is supposed to find out from the factory rep. if the Gen 4 30SF guns have been fixed. If not, this gun shop will not be handling this particular model any longer. What a shame.

2. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

Did you have the new style trigger bar or old?

3. hatidua

hatidua

I bought two 30SF's, both had this problem along with that very special FTRB issue that so many experienced. Sold 'em both. No more .45 Glocks for me, that's why they make 1911's.

4. markbet

markbet

That was the first thing I checked, it had the -1 trigger bar, the new one.

5. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

Define "deep grove" please. I know many of these grooves aren't as bad as they actually look. Can you feel depth to it when you run a fingernail over it? Was the gun not working properly? Any FTRTB issues? Would you have even noticed this is you hadn't read all the internet hype? My 30 has a scratch on the trigger bar but it works flawlessly and I have 100% faith in it. I know it's all subjective to the depth of the "scratch."

Don't get your hopes up for a Gen4 30 anytime soon or for Glock to even confirm it will happen. The shame is the gun shop will stop selling a perfectly fine gun. A problem with one gun is the cut off point? Does he sell any guns anymore?

Please help us understand.

Oh and the -1 isn't the new trigger bar - it's -1-

^^ike

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  6. markbet

markbet

I did not get a picture of the gouge. The store kept it and is taking care of the return. The depth was plenty deep enough to get my thumb nail in it.

Would I have noticed it if not for the internet? I hope so, but you are right, I was looking for it.

7. WolfNotSheep

WolfNotSheep Tackleberry

That's a shame man, I can only hope Glock makes everything right for you.

8. markbet

markbet

I would think that fixing the trigger bar would be a simple fix for Glock Engineers. If indeed it is the trigger bar. Some have suspected the rail is out of kilter. Only the factory knows for sure, and I am sure that they do.

9. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

Yeah, it all comes down to you and your confidence level in your gun.

In fly fishing you can catch a fish with any fly but you'll catch more with the one you have the most confidence in.

Same with your gun, you'll shoot it better.

So, are you returning the gun for another or are they going to fix it or replace it with the same model? I hope they might it right quickly for you.

^^ike

10. markbet

markbet

That is the million dollar question. The store wanted to know if I wanted a refund, and if I did, he would deal with the company. I told him I wanted to find out what the company says about the flaw first, and if it can be fixed right, and it be a permanent fix. I simply love this gun, the way it feels, shoots and handles. I truly want this gun as my carry gun, I just want it right, the way it should have been from the start. I wish I had looked at it prior to shooting it. I would have liked to know if the gouge was there from the test firing at the factory. I would about bet that it was.

11. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

This stings a bit, I'm in the middle of a new handgun decision and the G30 (sf) was one out of the two that I have narrowed down to... Such a wonderful concept, I hope things work out for You and the G30 (sf)...

12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Go ahead and buy a G30SF,......just be sure it has a 4256-1- trigger bar assy installed. It is stamped on top of the bar, near the rear.
    Remove the slide and you will see it.

13. markbet

markbet

Okay, now I am confused. If the dash number is a -1 and NOT a -1-, I have the old trigger bar?

14. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

I will write that down for reference next time I get to a gun store... It's come down to the 30(sf) and the S&W MP .40 Compact... Thanks for the advice...

15. conpro

conpro

16. Larry V

Larry V

I bought 2 30 SF's in 2009 and they perform Flawlessly.I checked the Trigger bar Number and they are both 4256-1

17. 9mmdude

9mmdude

I have the new trigger bar and a slight mark. No issues yet, If it jams it is heavy enough I can throw it at them. Give them a Glock hammer wound.

18. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

There have been three trigger bars.

The first is a 4256
    The 4256-1 is the newer trigger bar.
    The 4256-1- is the newest, latest and greatest trigger bar!

19. rtn

rtn

I'm in the same boat. G30SF went back to Glock a few weeks back. Interested to say how they handle it.

20. markbet

markbet

Since the guy I purchased the gun from is a gunsmith, I wonder if Glock would have a problem sending the latest and greatest trigger bar to him, and let him install it? I will have to give my gun shop a call tomorrow and ask him.