close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sent my G22 to Glock for Referb whats next.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by smcintos, Jan 26, 2010.

1. smcintos

smcintos

This is my first post and I would like to thank everyone for sharing all the great information. I have learned so much for you.
    My G22 was received by Glock today, It was a Police gun so I sent it to have it checked out and to refinish the slide and add new sights.
    My question is what happens now ? I included a note telling what I wanted done and my contact info. Will they call me for payment on the slide and sights if so how long til they do.
    Thanks again for any help

Steve

2. vmann

vmann Controller

i have never sent anything in to glock before, but i would assume they would contact you with price quote and to get authorization before they start the work...

on a side note, i wouldnt have sent it to them for a slide refinish, from what i have seen, of others who have had glock do a slide refinish, is you get what you pay for, and the refinish is somewhat hit or miss with them....

if you dont like the end product, send it to robar to have the slide finished in np3...that you will not be dissapointed with...

let us know how it turns out please and post some pics when you can!!

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

The money you will spend on your used Glock, (The pistol, shipping, refurbishing, sights), you could have easily bought a new one and be at the range with it.

:cool:

4. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Why would you send it off without calling them first?

You next step is to get off the computer and call them...

5. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

They do that? I thought they only replaced internals.

6. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

They will place it in the order recieved and will call you when the work begins.

Refinishing the slide could take 6-8 weeks. Unless the slide was really bad,I would just have them install NS and refurb whatever and have them send it back.

7. smcintos

smcintos

I guess I should have been more clear with my question. I was asking if anyone who had sent a gun in could give me a timeframe as to when I might be called by Glock. I have talked to Glock just didn't ask about time frame. As far as cost vs. new, I bought the gun form the dept. for 200.00, so with the 57.00 nite sights and 60.00 refinish plus shipping of 53.00 my total in the gun is 370.00 for a like new gun. Still a good deal and cheaper then new.

8. SCC

SCC just me

the slide refinish is outsourced all the rest is in house repairs
    :wavey:

9. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

understood, thanx

10. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

That's is a damn good deal still, i'd go further and replace the internals. Have a smith check the bore and see if you need a barrel ($120), and i'd change the trigger parts and recoil spring too (about $50 - 60?)

11. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

You did right, Glock inc will redo your slide and replace any part needed, may take a while, they will let you know how much the refurb costs and ship it back to you.
    Giving your gun a face lift gives you piece of mind. Hows that for an insurance policy.

12. alanwk

alanwk

How did you ship to Glock? Did you go through a FFL? Thanks.

13. vmann

vmann Controller

the only thing, is glock inc., wont do the actual refinish of the slide...that goes out of house and sometimes the work is marginal at best...its hit or miss on that part, it might turn out great, but for a little more, a robar job could have been done, know what i mean...

14. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

FYI. When they send your gun back they ship it via Fed-Ex overnight. SIGNATURE REQUIRED. They did NOT contact me when they shipped mine or give me a tracking number.