close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sending my G21 to Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AeroMedic, Mar 3, 2007.

1. AeroMedic

AeroMedic

I called Glock to see if I could have my 2nd gen G21 upgraded to the latest G21 standard (upgraded parts). They told me to send it in.

Should I also send all of my mags or just ask for the followers? I have 10 spares with the original components. Should I just send the gun only?

Also, I'm currently in NY so I don't know if sending them back is a problem, where we have the asinine 10-round limit on mags. Don't know if I should ship from my folks place in PA.

Thanks,

-Aero

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i doubt it makes much differance where you ship from. where you have it shipped back to could. without doing any checking i think i'd have it shipped to PA. i doubt glock will just give you the parts. you could spend 35 dollars on a GSSF membership, shoot a match or two local to you and get the work done at the match at zero cost to you.

3. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

"Should I also send all of my mags or just ask for the followers? I have 10 spares with the original components. Should I just send the gun only?"

Unless they know the mags are coming would send them separately and call FIRST, to see how they want to handle the mags. Last I heard they had one "Mag Guy", so all went to him. They've fixed or exchanged own Hicaps while the ban was still in effect, however they were pre '94 items except for one "LE" mag. Mine left from Upstate and returned to Upstate. While the new{er?} Hicap springs are markedly better than the old or original OEM ones, personally still use Wolff's. Best bet IS still, to call and preferably get a name or names to send "attn to:"

Hope they gave you clear & concise instructions on how to ship your 21 to them and....not to put the word "Glock" anywhere on the outside of the box etc. Just a tip: when sending in own guns to them always wrap the slide/bbl. assembly separate from receiver in same package and use a larger flat shipping box so does not look like the size of a normal" pistol or pistol case, etc. If you ship the pistol assembled it's supposed to be in a non-operable state as per Fed or possibly FedEx or UPS rules? Easy way to satisfy this is tape or tie-wrap the trigger back tight to the frame. {That's all it takes!}

Personally have NEVER declared what was in the box when shipped.
    When Carrier askes if it's "dangerous goods" the ans. is, of Course, "No"....

4. AeroMedic

AeroMedic

Yeah, my mags are the LE/GOVT ONLY mags, with all the original components. I don't know if they have changed the follower's design in that time. If not, then I'll just get the Wolff springs, eh?