Sending G-19 For Repair

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pasqual, Feb 23, 2010.

1. pasqual

pasqual

I need to send my third generation 19 to Glock to have the frame checked out. The u shaped piece under the front rails that is a support is gone. Last time I shoot it with no problems, went to clean it and noticed the part is gone.
    Is Fed-X or Ups the best way to go, where do I take it, not to one of their stores? Do, I ship it back in the Tupperware box, do I box it up in a cardboard box or does the carrier need to do this? What do I need to put in the Tupperware case besides the G-19 and a note? This is the first time I ever sent a firearm back to the mfg. I did call Glock. Thank you for any help.

2. paintballwannab

paintballwannab

easiest/best thing to do is take to your dealer and have them send it to Glock. They can send USPS cheaper then you can UPS/Fed-x and deal with any hassle of shipping the firearm.

My dealer only charges shipping when sending into dealer, so +/- $20. Some may try to charge a transfer charge, if so find a new dealer because they are not transfering it to another owner, only sending in for warranty repair.

3. JBnTX

JBnTX 2 Timothy 2:15

Can you post a picture?
    I don't see a U shaped support piece under the front rails on mine?

Call FED-EX or UPS and ask them where the nearest place is that you
    can ship your pistol. You're right you can't just take it to any store.

Send it in the original box it came in.

Glock should have given you a return number?
    Make sure that's on the note.

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

I would strongly urge you to post a picture of it here before sending it to Glock, you may not need to send it at all......your description of what is 'missing' doesn't make it real clear as to what's wrong with it.

If you must send it, I second the idea of trying to do it via a local gun shop if you can, they can send it cheaper and I hate the idea of paying the rip-off prices being charged by UPS and FedEx....like $50 to $60.