Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older 2nd gen G19 I bought in 1994. Other than a broken trigger return spring and night sights, the only things replaced were the recoil spring and the original mag spring. They only came with one 15 rd mag back then because of the impending AWB, I think.

Anyway, the gun shoots just fine, but do you think it would be worth it to send to Glock for any "tuning" or updates it might need? I know they incorporated a second pin for the locking block, but is that update really needed for the relatively mild 9mm round?

If so, what would Glock charge for something like that?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I believe the only thing that could be replace would be the frame for a third generation if you don't like that one. It will cost you about $150.00. any other broken part. for what I hear around here, there is no charge from glock. aI wouldn't worry about the extra pin. Mine doesn't have it and it has a third generation frame(go figure) but like you, I expressed my concern in this forum and the experts eased my mind on the fact that since is a 9mm, it should be fine. The extra pin was to reinforce for the .40 caliber.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts