close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Senatorial Candidates say on extrajudicial killings

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Glock_19_9x19, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Philippine Daily Inquirer Sunday, April 29, 2007
    Talk of the Town p.A14
    Title: What should be done to stop the killings?

On Extrajudicial killings, these are what two of the many senatorial candidates had to say:

1) Sonia "Inang Guro" Roco, Genuine Opposition - "Get the mastermind: we cannot have another Supreme Court. Respect the constitution and honor the Bill of Rights", quoting "Nandy Pacheco was right all along --ban the gun."

2) Adrian Sison, Kapatiran - "Strengthen the database on suspects and victims and share it with the public to arrest the suspects. Also, tighten the availability of guns"

2. maskytrading

maskytrading

I respect their views and opinions...but they will not get my vote.

3. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

I feel sorry for their constant stupidity.

4. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Feh.Almost all of the guns used in the election time crimes had no PTC's, Comelec exemptions, OR LICENSES.

Nandy Pacheco was right all along? Well, ****** all of these anti-gun candidates, I'm tired of hearing those shmucks twist the facts to further their agendas and political careers. LEGAL gun procurement is a process that needs time and money, which makes it hard for just anybody to acquire one, and they want to make it harder? What's the next great idea to pop into their heads, a total gun ban and confiscations? PWE! I'm just glad that neither of these idiots will make it to the Senate.

5. jimbullet

jimbullet

Im not voting these people.

6. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

That's two more to be scratched off from the list. But wait, they're not on my list.:supergrin:

7. jimbullet

jimbullet

Suggest that we act as one during the polls. post those that are antigun to be stricken off

8. pipo

pipo

i agree. lets do this. d pa kumpleto list ko. tnx

9. isuzu

isuzu

What do they care about them owning guns? They have bodyguards anyway.:upeyes: Nene Pimentel was also in favor of not giving licensed gunowners PTCs.

10. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Good idea. Where do we start?

11. badshot9mm

badshot9mm

I still have a lot of slots on my list so if you can help me...

1.escudero
    2. joker aroyo
    3. cayetano

for partylist po merun po ba BOGS or any group for pro-gun owneship? bakit nga ba hindi tayo nag file ng candidacy earlier?

12. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

I doubt that we'd pass the partylist requirements because we are not a marginalized group of people. The fact that we can actually afford firearms is proof enough. Actually the party list system is only good on paper, but it's a joke in execution. Party Lists were supposed to voice out the problems of marginalized people i.e. cultural minorities etc, but instead we have party lists made up of former PBA athletes, government officials, generals even. PWE and double PWE.

13. jimbullet

jimbullet

As you said KS, its not happening the way partylists should be...

14. badshot9mm

badshot9mm

is there any group that is lobbying for "responsible" gun ownership? Isn't there any way we can push for this? afterall, it all starts with a few small steps right? or are we just gonna sit aside while they score points against us... everytime they badmouth our tools, it is like they are hitting you and me personally right?
    can't we at least try?

15. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

I agree that we should have a lobbying body, but I don't think that we need to put up a new entity to do this. I truly believe that AFAD and the PPSA can do this, even PROGUN can do this for us, but for them to be effective, they need to get thier act(s) together. I love and respect these organizations, but we have to admit that there is internal bickering and factions within these groups sometimes. What they need to do is put a unified front and THEN we can try to instill change.

Another thing we have to do is not to expect too much, even from pro-gun politicos. As much as I hate to admit this, but to be pro-gun is not a very popular stand within the political realm because we are the minority. Guns are still seen as weapons and things to be feared because the majority of our populace has not been educated on firearms, safety, etc.

I'm not sating these things to bring us down guys, but to be realistic. Even if we elect say 20 pro-gun congressmen, they still have their work cut out for them since they are not as many as the other congressmen who may want to go with the popular choice: strict almost anti-gun stands.