GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Someone doesn't like this BS!
Good, glad that she is upset about this whole situation. Because she created it in the first place. RBG could have retired while O still had his shoes up on the Resolute desk. But she chose to instead gamble with riding out her Pancreatic Cancer diagnosis until #46 (hopefully) took office. Considering PC’s high morbidity rates and RBG’s health history of late, that was a long shot, at best. Yet she chose to gamble, and she lost.

Yet somehow ACB’s confirmation is our president’s fault, the GOP’s fault, ACB’s fault, but not RBG’s fault. The hypocrisy hangs thick with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Good, glad that she is upset about this whole situation. Because she created it in the first place. RBG could have retired while O still had his shoes up on the Resolute desk. But she chose to instead gamble with riding out her Pancreatic Cancer diagnosis until #46 (hopefully) took office. Considering PC’s high morbidity rates and RBG’s health history of late, that was a long shot, at best. Yet she chose to gamble, and she lost.

Yet somehow ACB’s confirmation is our president’s fault, the GOP’s fault, ACB’s fault, but not RBG’s fault. The hypocrisy hangs thick with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that was a colossally huge (stupid) gamble on her part. I get that she probably just wanted this symbolic gesture of the first female president choosing her replacement (thinking that Hillary would win). That seems like pure vanity, to me. As is usual, leftists are driven by symbolism and feelings, and logic and facts take a back seat.

I hope that if Trump wins, Clarence Thomas pays attention. He's no spring chicken, and I have to admit that it would cheer me up greatly to see the left melt down at yet another appointment, even if it is to replace a "conservative" justice.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Trump had better win or the bill will come due quickly for this raw wound. The political pendulum says our power will not last long.

Politicians do not believe in proportional responses. We will pay for this, the question is, was it worth it ? My vote is yes.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Cory is in favor of packing...

I think he would also increase the number of SCOTUS justices if given a chance.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,115 Posts
Trump had better win or the bill will come due quickly for this raw wound. The political pendulum says our power will not last long.

Politicians do not believe in proportional responses. We will pay for this, the question is, was it worth it ? My vote is yes.
Yes because the Dems were counting on somehow derailing her nomination in case the election results end up close like Bush-Gore and goes to the Supreme court. And they were not counting on RGB assuming room temperature. They figured she'd stay on the bench even if she had to be on life support.

If Trump loses the election the America that many of us have known and loved and some have fought and died for is lost regardless. It's a shame that not everyone realizes that this is what's at stake.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Yeah, that was a colossally huge (stupid) gamble on her part. I get that she probably just wanted this symbolic gesture of the first female president choosing her replacement (thinking that Hillary would win). That seems like pure vanity, to me. As is usual, leftists are driven by symbolism and feelings, and logic and facts take a back seat.

I hope that if Trump wins, Clarence Thomas pays attention. He's no spring chicken, and I have to admit that it would cheer me up greatly to see the left melt down at yet another appointment, even if it is to replace a "conservative" justice.
Agreed, Thomas doesn't look healthy. It would be great if Trump was able to nominate his replacement after Thomas picks the person himself. They would be pissed.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
To pack the court means to add judges to a court.

The U.S. Supreme Court is made up of nine justices, with one of those justices being the Chief Justice.

Democrats have not said how many justices they would consider adding if they get the chance.

The Constitution does not say how many justices are to sit on the Supreme Court. There were originally six justices on the Supreme Court. That number changed several times, but in 1869, Congress decided to set the number at nine justices.

If the House, the Senate and the president agree, the number can be changed by passing a law. It would take a simple majority vote in both chambers for the bill to pass. The president would have to sign it into law.

Democrats say they feel that the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to fill Justice Ginsberg’s seat was made too close to a presidential election and that President Donald Trump did so to ensure a “conservative” court whether he wins re-election or not.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-New York, told members of his caucus that he would retaliate if the GOP went forward with Barrett’s nomination.

“Let me be clear: If Leader McConnell and Senate Republicans move forward with this, then nothing is off the table for next year. Nothing is off the table,” Schumer told his caucus on a call after Justice Ginsburg’s death.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
Someone doesn't like this BS!
Attaboy, DANCE on that grave! :dancing:

Because what better way to show you're above those damned dirty libruls and their disgusting, tactless behavior, than by engaging in disgusting, tactless behavior? :patriot:

·
Director of civil unrest
8,594 Posts
Attaboy, DANCE on that grave! :dancing:

Because what better way to show you're above those damned dirty libruls and their disgusting, tactless behavior, than by engaging in disgusting, tactless behavior? :patriot:
Lol! You're so superior. Get over it!

PS: Your virtue signaling is duly noted as well.

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
Lol! You're so superior. Get over it!

PS: Your virtue signaling is duly noted as well.
Ah, yes. "Virtue signaling". The gunboard equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I?" :sigh:

Nice dodge, but we're talking about YOUR behavior: not my alleged superiority, not any example of BUT THE DEMOCRATS that I'm sure you've got queue'd up... YOURS.

Either own it or don't, but be aware of the hypocrisy of the latter. The phrase "become what you behold" comes to mind. ;)

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-New York, told members of his caucus that he would retaliate if the GOP went forward with Barrett’s nomination.

“Let me be clear: If Leader McConnell and Senate Republicans move forward with this, then nothing is off the table for next year. Nothing is off the table,” Schumer told his caucus on a call after Justice Ginsburg’s death.
Schumer and his anti-American gang of traitors are going to behave that way regardless of what the Senate does or doesn't do, so I'm glad they went ahead and approved her as a Justice anyhow.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts