Home > Political & Other Important Issues > Political Issues > Senate Leaders Said to Agree on Filibuster Rule Changes

Senate Leaders Said to Agree on Filibuster Rule Changes

1. The last thing we want, the very last, is for bills to be speeded up on the Senate floor. That only means the TYRANNY HITS FASTER.

2. Any republican who goes along with this, needs to go! That includes McConnell!

3. Harry Reid: ?I?m not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote threshold?

This is the first loss by the gun grabbers.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell have come to a deal on filibuster reform. The deal is this: The filibuster will not be reformed.
    Reid is not ready to give up on the filibuster. (The Washington Post)

Sen. Harry Reid is not ready to give up on the filibuster. (The Washington Post)

“I’m not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote threshold,” Reid (D-Nev.) told me this morning, referring to the number of votes needed to halt a filibuster. “With the history of the Senate, we have to understand the Senate isn’t and shouldn’t be like the House.”

4. According to that article "the filibuster will NOT be reformed". That means no change. Harry is not stupid, he knows that if they get rid of the filibuster it can be a loser for the Dems too. If the Repubs take the senate back with no filibuster, the Dems will be sitting in the cold. They're all crooks who will only do what's in their best interest. Harry wants to keep the filibuster so he can use it later on down the road.

5. Change it now...change it back as a lame duck congress later. Just watch.