Senate defeats measure to overturn Trump expansion of non-ObamaCare plans

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Oct 10, 2018.

1. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Good news and bad news...................... as Trump tries his best to whittle away at the debacle of Obamacare, he's winning by only the smallest of margins. For all the 'hero' talk about Collins last week, she voted with the democrats to try to overturn this bill. It is going to prove almost impossible to wean the parasites off the teat!

The Senate on Wednesday defeated a Democratic measure to overrule President Trump’s expansion of non-ObamaCare insurance plans as Democrats seek to highlight health care ahead of the midterm elections.

The Democratic measure would have overruled Trump’s expansion of short-term health insurance plans, which do not have to cover people with pre-existing conditions or cover a range of health services like mental health or prescription drugs.

It was defeated on an extremely narrow, mostly party line 50-50 vote, with Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) voting with Democrats in favor of overturning the short-term plans.

Republicans argue the short-term plans simply provide a cheaper option alongside more comprehensive ObamaCare plans.

Democrats forced the vote ahead of the midterms in an attempt to put health care front and center in the campaign. Democrats said Republicans voting to keep in place these “junk” insurance plans that do not have to cover pre-existing conditions was another example they can use to paint the GOP as wrong on health care.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...erturn-trump-expansion-of-non-obamacare-plans

2. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk

If it's junk people won't buy it.

Hmm...

How many people were paying the fine, rather than sighn up for o care?

janice6 likes this.

3. mboylan

mboylan

Not true. There were tons of junk plans out there that would drop you or deny care when something serious happened. People don't really understand the ins and outs of their policies and make decisions based on cost.

The new plans are short term duration, choose which pre-existing conditions to cover, if any, and will drop you if you cost too much after the duration of your policy

4. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

That is the problem with EVERYTHING ! .... :frown:

janice6 likes this.
  5. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

The leftist Hill is spreading dim propaganda.
    Recall a certain senator who is no longer with us did not vote to repeal Obamacare and no dim would either. So the American public is stuck with very expensive Obamacare policies or no coverage at all.
    Temporary coverage is offered at lower price so those affected Americans can have some care until Obamacare is replaced with a better plan.
    We need more republicans in the house and Senate.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    janice6 and snerd like this.
  6. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I wish I didn't have to pay for coverage I'll never need, such as pregnancy, female troubles, mental illness, etc. I'll take my chances and only insure against things I might actually need.

But big pharma owns the politicians who decide who pays what. Buying and selling life and death.

happie2shoot and Atomic Punk like this.
  7. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

Unreal.....covering preexisting conditions raises premiums, ALWAYS. The more financial risk for the insurers, the higher the premium for the coverage. The very people Obamacare was created for and marketed to can't afford it. How would less expensive plans alongside the comprehensive plans ever be seen as a bad thing? Obamacare was advertised as if it was universal healthcare when in reality it is anything but. How is anyone too blind to see that? Wait, I know.....the very politicians voting against every measure to fix it aren't required to use it. It all starts to make sense.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Collins only voted to confirm Kavanaugh because McConnell promised her $3,000,000 for her campaign/retirement fund. That was the payoff she was holding out for.

They are not a bottomless money jar and can't afford to buy her off every time they need an aye vote.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

9. ChuteTheMall

If I don't have any pre-existing conditions, why must I pay extra to insure against them?
    It's redistribution of wealth, by whatever name the socialized medicine thugs call it.

Who am I subsidizing? Do women pay more, or cost more?

happyguy likes this.
  10. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

In order to save the country, politicians should be running on a platform of cutting government and raising taxes. Seriously. But of course, nobody would vote for them because 99% of the people just want everything to be good for the next 2 years.

A drastic austerity program is the only thing that will stop the coming collapse. $21 trillion is not Monopoly money, and that is only the current debt. Long term liabilities of the federal government are in excess of $100 trillion. Current state and local debt in this country is over $3 trillion. World debt (current debt) sits at $164 trillion. There is a day of reckoning for all of this.

Everyone should have this web page as their home page to remind them...
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Atomic Punk and aircarver like this.
  11. ChuteTheMall

[​IMG]..
    .... but you fell for the Third Party Hoax and ended up with Clinton.

happyguy likes this.
  12. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

... Exactly why no politician will ever say what needs to be said.