GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
He is part of a group of very powerful criminals in D.C. (though they've legalized their crimes).

He and his group likely have access to biological, nuclear and chemical weapons - so if he says there will be consequences, it would be wise to consider what his group has access to.
In real life, they don't have access to ****.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Im asking this in all sincerity, not trolling at all, but how do you know this?
What, you think the Deep staters and the Dem Commies actually have their own stockpile of WMD's?

They are a bunch of lawyers, mostly; even the Intel types and .mil contractors in their corner don't have stuff like that, and furthermore, what's the percentage in it for any of them ?

·
Registered
804 Posts
And don’t forget schumer actually yelling and screaming threatening Kavenaugh and Gorsuch
i mean wtf was that? And those two were clearly appointed early in Trumps term.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
the Republicans didn't do anything that the Democratics wouldn't have done. Imagine if Hillary would have won back in 2016. We would see the same thing only going the other side. Elections have consequences. This time the good side won
Elections do have consequences. Wait until we see the consequences of a Biden win. Holy crap!

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
There has been retribution for Trump getting elected ever since 2016. The Dems have it floored and are doing all they can to bring down America.

About the only way they can increase their retribution is by open armed conflict.
Not if Biden wins and they take both houses.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I hate to admit this but the sound of his "voice" really gets to me. Hearing this wus I just want to smack the smirk off his puss. I know this indicates I am a shallow person and I guess that is what I am. Watching and listening to this turd will ruin the day for me. Regards to all at GT and be very careful out there.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
MCconnell changed the senate rules for confirming judiciary to a simple majority from 2/3 and ended the filibuster.

He and every other senator know it will be used against them if they lose the senate. That had to be part of the calculus when he decided to do it. Was it wise? I don't think so, but history will be the judge.

Too late to worry about it now.
Who started the elimination of the 60 vote requirement and the filibuster for presidential nominees? It was Sen Harry Reid. Was he worried it could be used against them? I'm sure they calculated the risk when they decided it. Was it wise, most would say no after all of Trumps nominations. I would bet most thinking Democrats don't think it was wise. It looks like it has been used against the Democrats and they don't like it.

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...65cfe8-52b6-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_story.html
Reid, Democrats trigger ‘nuclear’ option; eliminate most filibusters on nominees

It's more than just a rule change: The so-called "nuclear option" will fundamentally alter the way the Senate operates - for good. (Casey Capachi/(In Play))
By Paul Kane
November 21, 2013

Senate Democrats took the dramatic step Thursday of eliminating filibusters for most nominations by presidents, a power play they said was necessary to fix a broken system but one that Republicans said will only rupture it further.

Democrats used a rare parliamentary move to change the rules so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote supermajority that has been the standard for nearly four decades.

The immediate rationale for the move was to allow the confirmation of three picks by President Obama to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — the most recent examples of what Democrats have long considered unreasonably partisan obstruction by Republicans.

·
Unmasked
4,351 Posts
I've said all along, the repubicans should have separated themselves from, and jettisoned Trump and thrown everything they had at saving the senate.

They took an all or nothing strategy and it may cost them dearly.
LOL

Keep dreaming.

Reactions: cbetts1

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
Who started the elimination of the 60 vote requirement and the filibuster for presidential nominees? It was Sen Harry Reid. Was he worried it could be used against them? I'm sure they calculated the risk when they decided it. Was it wise, most would say no after all of Trumps nominations. I would bet most thinking Democrats don't think it was wise. It looks like it has been used against the Democrats and they don't like it.

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...65cfe8-52b6-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_story.html
Reid, Democrats trigger ‘nuclear’ option; eliminate most filibusters on nominees

It's more than just a rule change: The so-called "nuclear option" will fundamentally alter the way the Senate operates - for good. (Casey Capachi/(In Play))
By Paul Kane
November 21, 2013

Senate Democrats took the dramatic step Thursday of eliminating filibusters for most nominations by presidents, a power play they said was necessary to fix a broken system but one that Republicans said will only rupture it further.

Democrats used a rare parliamentary move to change the rules so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote supermajority that has been the standard for nearly four decades.

The immediate rationale for the move was to allow the confirmation of three picks by President Obama to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — the most recent examples of what Democrats have long considered unreasonably partisan obstruction by Republicans.
I stand corrected. Thank you.
I think it was an idiot move no mater who did it.

·
Unmasked
4,351 Posts
I've said all along, the repubicans should have separated themselves from, and jettisoned Trump and thrown everything they had at saving the senate.

They took an all or nothing strategy and it may cost them dearly.
Do you really think Trump will lose?
The latest Biden rally:

41 - 58 of 58 Posts