Glock Talk banner

Semi-Auto Firearms Are Now Outlawed...

16266 301
or heavily regulated in the alternative universe of this thread. Assume that for whatever reason, you wake up and your AR, AK, Glock, SIG, Model X, that can run semi-auto AND hi-capacity is no longer a legal option. (NOT trying to get into a "cold dead fingers" argument).

What would you pick as a defensive firearm? And why?

Remember, no semi AND hi-capacity.

Discuss...:)
Reactions: C. MYERS and BillyB
21 - 40 of 302 Posts

· Premium Member
20,113 Posts
or heavily regulated in the alternative universe of this thread. Assume that for whatever reason, you wake up and your AR, AK, Glock, SIG, Model X, that can run semi-auto AND hi-capacity is no longer a legal option. (NOT trying to get into a "cold dead fingers" argument).

First, please define hi-capacity for the purpose of this discussion.

Second, did you say "no semi AND hi-cap" meaning you could still have one or the other, but not both in the same firearm, or did you mean no semi-autos at all, AND no hi-capacity firearms at all (like a 12-shot revolver)?

I mean, I've carried a 10-shot semi-auto before, and I didn't feel overly limited. I guess I could carry 3 different 10-shot Glocks to get back to the equivalent of my full-capacity G19 and a spare mag... :supergrin:

· Banned
4,987 Posts

Currently in my AIWB Uncle Mike as I read this at my home office desktop I have a Ruger GP100 and in my pocket a S&W Model 638. So I suppose in the reality nothing has changed in case an invader(s) choose unwisely to attack this house. Also my stock SKS is a mean hombre if one needs to step up in caliber.
Watch Watch accessory Everyday carry Strap Still life photography

· Registered
1,176 Posts
Still have shotguns.
M&P R8. Size is longer an issue cause it's just going to go OWB I guess. Also, I think it's big enough to hit them with when I run out of loaded cylinders.
I guess it'd be time to adopt the scout rifle mentality. Ruger scout rifle in .308.

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
First, please define hi-capacity for the purpose of this discussion.

Second, did you say "no semi AND hi-cap" meaning you could still have one or the other, but not both in the same firearm, or did you mean no semi-autos at all, AND no hi-capacity firearms at all (like a 12-shot revolver)?

I mean, I've carried a 10-shot semi-auto before, and I didn't feel overly limited. I guess I could carry 3 different 10-shot Glocks to get back to the equivalent of my full-capacity G19 and a spare mag... :supergrin:

The 2nd thing you said. Meaning one or the other, but not both.

· Registered
9,503 Posts

Well stop for a moment and remember what was used before auto loaders came along, that would be your answer.

· Registered
2,693 Posts
I currently own 3 S&W J-Frames and carry a 642 more than anything else. I wouldn't be all too stressed if all I could own and carry were revolvers. I could see me ending up there on my own one these days anyway by the time I'm an old man.

21 - 40 of 302 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.