Glock Talk banner

Semi-Auto Firearms Are Now Outlawed...

16279 Views 301 Replies 152 Participants Last post by  Gray Dood
or heavily regulated in the alternative universe of this thread. Assume that for whatever reason, you wake up and your AR, AK, Glock, SIG, Model X, that can run semi-auto AND hi-capacity is no longer a legal option. (NOT trying to get into a "cold dead fingers" argument).

What would you pick as a defensive firearm? And why?

Remember, no semi AND hi-capacity.

Discuss...:)
Reactions: C. MYERS and BillyB
301 - 302 of 302 Posts

· Registered
788 Posts
You sound awfully complacent
You mean I don't spout patriotic BS? Yep. I served in the Army back in 1967-70. I went to a war that wasn't a war. I got my Purple Heart and a crapload of medals. What did it accomplish? Is our Constitution more or less secure? Don't bother answering...rhetorical questions. We all know the answer. Here's a little situation for you "heroes of the upcoming revolution":

Uncle Sammie knows what guns you have via FBI background checks. He decides you "no longer need them" because they aren't "sporting forearms". You go to work at 8AM every day just like always. He knows because he watches you set a pattern. When you have left the house, he smashes down the door with a no-knock warrant because he KNOWS you have guns. Your wife and kids or parents are terrified. They are threatened with YOU being incarcerated for years unless they tell him where the guns are. They tell them and they are confiscated. Or they don't tell them and they are handcuffed and marched away to a holding cell and you are notified that unless you turn in ALL your guns, they will stay locked up as terrorists. You and your family are described as home-grown terrorists to the press. The neighborhood cheers at your capture.

You gonna leave your family in prison while you stand for your gun rights? No freaking way sonny. You will give intricate details and help them confiscate your guns to keep your people out of prison. That's how easy Uncle Sammie can get your guns. And newsflash...but the military has ALREADY PRACTICED these scenarios.

· Registered
11,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
I'm
You mean I don't spout patriotic BS? Yep. I served in the Army back in 1967-70. I went to a war that wasn't a war. I got my Purple Heart and a crapload of medals. What did it accomplish? Is our Constitution more or less secure? Don't bother answering...rhetorical questions. We all know the answer. Here's a little situation for you "heroes of the upcoming revolution":

Uncle Sammie knows what guns you have via FBI background checks. He decides you "no longer need them" because they aren't "sporting forearms". You go to work at 8AM every day just like always. He knows because he watches you set a pattern. When you have left the house, he smashes down the door with a no-knock warrant because he KNOWS you have guns. Your wife and kids or parents are terrified. They are threatened with YOU being incarcerated for years unless they tell him where the guns are. They tell them and they are confiscated. Or they don't tell them and they are handcuffed and marched away to a holding cell and you are notified that unless you turn in ALL your guns, they will stay locked up as terrorists. You and your family are described as home-grown terrorists to the press. The neighborhood cheers at your capture.

You gonna leave your family in prison while you stand for your gun rights? No freaking way sonny. You will give intricate details and help them confiscate your guns to keep your people out of prison. That's how easy Uncle Sammie can get your guns. And newsflash...but the military has ALREADY PRACTICED these scenarios.

I'm going to bow out of this thread as it was not what I intended when I started it. No problem per se, that's what internet threads do. All posts welcomed as it were and they go where they go.

With that being said, imo what you described is an action, not the reaction that potentially follows. What happens when your scenario is done over, and over, and over again?

On a historical note, the Battle of Concord, starting the American Revolution, was about British troops (who had practiced too) coming to remove weapons. They had done it multiple times before, and at THAT point, about 3% of the population had had enough. The rest as they say is history. :)

Thank you for your service Sir.

Again, I hope I never live to see a 2nd American Revolution. It will be horrific, in every sense of the word.

God Bless all.

301 - 302 of 302 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.