Glock Talk banner

Semi-Auto Firearms Are Now Outlawed...

16266 301
or heavily regulated in the alternative universe of this thread. Assume that for whatever reason, you wake up and your AR, AK, Glock, SIG, Model X, that can run semi-auto AND hi-capacity is no longer a legal option. (NOT trying to get into a "cold dead fingers" argument).

What would you pick as a defensive firearm? And why?

Remember, no semi AND hi-capacity.

Discuss...:)
Reactions: C. MYERS and BillyB
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I refuse to 'normalize' this thought by even considering anti constitutional options. That **** doesn't fly with me.
Brother, you, me, and millions would be in the streets.

Relax a tad and enjoy a gun discussion. It's NOT a "cold dead fingers" discussion.

If not, well, have a great night.

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
First, please define hi-capacity for the purpose of this discussion.

Second, did you say "no semi AND hi-cap" meaning you could still have one or the other, but not both in the same firearm, or did you mean no semi-autos at all, AND no hi-capacity firearms at all (like a 12-shot revolver)?

I mean, I've carried a 10-shot semi-auto before, and I didn't feel overly limited. I guess I could carry 3 different 10-shot Glocks to get back to the equivalent of my full-capacity G19 and a spare mag... :supergrin:

The 2nd thing you said. Meaning one or the other, but not both.

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well, I guess I would be kicking myself for just having sold my 627PC this week. Now I'm down to only owning 6-shot .357s.
Did you have the 5" or the 2.75". Nice either way.

I previously had the 2.75" variant. One of those sold that I now miss. And no, there aren't many that I miss.

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Watch this and you might understand why even every little consideration rounds us up into the wrong direction.

Thanks but no. Not really interested in your vid.

For the 3rd time, it's not a slippery slope thread, or a call up the militia thread, or how much politicians suck thread.

Its a general firearms thread. Sorry if the words "outlawed or regulated" upset you. Again, have a great night.

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I’ve read the thread and not really sure what you’re after here. For a concealed pistol a G26, assuming 10 rnds isn’t hi-cap per your definition. For combat pistol, SIG P220; with limited rounds go for punch. For rifle, AR15 with whatever your mag cap limit is, just go with plenty of mags!
I'll give you the P220 (8 rounds IIRC), so call anything over 8 as "hi-cap".

What I'm after is twofold. Seeing if I missed something, and seeing what others would choose if current "modern" arms weren't an option. Just mental bubble gum basically. Nothing deeper than that. :)

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
.22 Henry
.22 Single Six
.22 Marlin XT bolt action
Pair of .357 Vaqueros
.357 Uberttis lever action
.7.62x54R Mosin
16 Ga Noble pump
12 ga Stoger Coach

I don't think I've shot a single one of those guns in a year. Some several yrs. Except the marlin, I shot last summer.
Too many guns (no such thing) and too little time?

I think you need to schedule a ".357 Day" next time you head out. :)

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
I'm hoping I won't miss it, because I've got a 3" Kimber K6s inbound that I expect to get more use out of.
I'd like to hear about the Kimber when you receive. I've looked at them, haven't fired one yet. Seems like a well made popper. I've downsized a bit in recent years, preparing for complete retirement. My 6 shot .357 needs are met by Smith 66-1 2.5". Carried it for many years of LEO duty.

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
There are viable non-semiautomatic options like two of my pump action rifles shown below, products of both the UnConstitutional guns laws of NYS and the '94 AWB:

Troy "Sporting Rifle" model in 5.56x45 with 60 round Magpul PMAG D-60:

Romanian CUGIR "PAR-1" model in 7.62x39 (flash hider added post 2004) with new production Korean 75 round drum mag:

Both have available and accept common to their respective platform 5 and 10 round mags if need be.
Ahhhh. While attempting to avoid the legal aspects of this topic, it's interesting to SEE work arounds nonetheless.

Thanks for the pics.

P.S. I don't know how ex free states (my words) put up with this crap. Mini-rant over. Thanks again.

· Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Having moved out of a very anti gun state recently this is not as hypothetical as some make it out to be!
My choices at the time:
S&W j frame and k frames
The long discontinued Remington 7615 pump 223
Steyr scout rifle 308
Old school Winchester 1892 lever
Curious. How was that 7615?

Specifically, I've always wondered, if you REALLY got that pump moving (firing fast), did you experience any shot stringing due to heating of barrel?

If so, how much?

Realize it's not a target arm and military standard is 4 moa for AR but. ..any issues you noted?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.