Glock Talk banner

Semi-Auto Firearms Are Now Outlawed...

16142 301
or heavily regulated in the alternative universe of this thread. Assume that for whatever reason, you wake up and your AR, AK, Glock, SIG, Model X, that can run semi-auto AND hi-capacity is no longer a legal option. (NOT trying to get into a "cold dead fingers" argument).

What would you pick as a defensive firearm? And why?

Remember, no semi AND hi-capacity.

Discuss...:)
Reactions: C. MYERS and BillyB
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
16,878 Posts
I’ll play. Not much would change honestly.

I’d be perfectly fine with my 3” six shot K-frame and speedloaders. In fact I carried revolvers off duty almost exclusively until last year when I started carrying a G26.

870 pump for HD.

I already have a nice bolt action .270 with optics.

The only firearm I might feel the need to purchase would be a lever action .357mag or .30-30 for bumming around the hunting camp.

Something with irons to replace the AR15 I put on the four wheeler rack.

Just because I would make do does not mean I would be happy about it.

·
Banned
10,105 Posts
Why not?

For me, absent what I would normally choose, I think I'd go lever gun in 38/357, mated with a good revolver (S&W 66 or 27 4"), backed up with a bolt rifle in perhaps .308.

But that's just me.

I refuse to 'normalize' this thought by even considering anti constitutional options. That **** doesn't fly with me.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
.30-30 Winchester lever action for my rifle. 12ga Mossberg 835 for my shotgun. S&W model 66 4”, model 642, & model 327 (8 shot .357 mag).

ETA:
I might change my rifle to a Remington pump .308 model 760 or 7600 (preferably pre-freedom group).

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I refuse to 'normalize' this thought by even considering anti constitutional options. That **** doesn't fly with me.
Brother, you, me, and millions would be in the streets.

Relax a tad and enjoy a gun discussion. It's NOT a "cold dead fingers" discussion.

If not, well, have a great night.

·
Registered
9,402 Posts
I don’t own any semi auto long guns anyway. So bolt action rifles and pump or break open shotguns are fine by me.

Handguns would be tougher. I have my trusty S&W 686-5, probably pick up a Ruger GP100 and SP101. I really like shooting GSSF, it’s my main reason for owning a Glock, that would be what I would really miss.

·
Registered
16,885 Posts
Not a problem, in this hypothetical situation.

85% of my guns are bolt action rifles, one of the few upsides of a serious milsurp addiction.

Now when they come for the AK and VEPR, we are going to have problems.

·
Banned
10,105 Posts
Brother, you, me, and millions would be in the streets.

Relax a tad and enjoy a gun discussion. It's NOT a "cold dead fingers" discussion.

If not, well, have a great night.

Watch this and you might understand why even every little consideration rounds us up into the wrong direction.

PS: If you just need an excuse to buy another revolver, just go for it. Try something new, get a .327.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.