Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
S&W, SigSauer, H&K, Winchester, and Glock
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF ANY OF THESE SEMI AUTO BANS GO THROUGH I WILL MODIFY MY CCW TO PRIMARILY A 5 SHOT J FRAME WITH NO INTERNAL LOCK FOR DAILY CCW LIKE A 642 OR 442. COLDER MONTHS WILL UP TO MODEL 60 3" 357 WITH MAYBE AN EXTENDED RUBBER GRIP. FINALLY FOR HIKING AND WOODS CARRY/HOME DEFENSE I CAN GO WITH A MOUNTAIN GUN 686 PLUS 7 SHOT 357 4" OR EVEN 6".
HOPING NONE OF THIS PASSES AND I WONT HAVE TO RECONSIDER CARRY OPTIONS.

·
Shellback
5,838 Posts
IF ANY OF THESE SEMI AUTO BANS GO THROUGH I WILL MODIFY MY CCW TO PRIMARILY A 5 SHOT J FRAME WITH NO INTERNAL LOCK FOR DAILY CCW LIKE A 642 OR 442. COLDER MONTHS WILL UP TO MODEL 60 3" 357 WITH MAYBE AN EXTENDED RUBBER GRIP. FINALLY FOR HIKING AND WOODS CARRY/HOME DEFENSE I CAN GO WITH A MOUNTAIN GUN 686 PLUS 7 SHOT 357 4" OR EVEN 6".
Slow it down trigger... These things are proposed almost daily.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The little SW snub is a nice easy carry. I just pop one in my shorts pocket or hoody pocket unholstered. As comfortable as you can get. Also have one in the car for backup. I use an Airlite made of titanium for my pocket. I hope things don't go to hell, I'd hate to have to carry my Glocks. But sadly am not counting on it. Holsters are ready for the Glocks.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Do they want a civil war? Because this is how you get a civil war.
There better be a lot of medics cause we’ll need them to jumpstart the hearts of our 300lb+ selves to keep us going on the battlefield.

The only tanks we’ll have will be our asses.

Severing our supply lines will consist of bombing fast food restaurants.

Unless the military sides with us, we’ll fail.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Living in s state where they already have us down to 10 round mags I just assume it’s a matter of time till it’s 8, or 6, or even non semi and be having only option of revolvers?
I am down to 7+1 with my normal carry now.

Not saying I don't care, just saying a limit of 8 probably won't affect how I am armed every day.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
We must NEVER become the cause with nowhere to go, lest they will do NOTHING for us, on the theory that we will never vote for the opposing party.

We MUST vote OUT the weak Republicans. The only thing these politicians fear is loss of their jobs.

Vote accordingly.

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I at first struggled with the 10 rounds. My governed down 19 was so tempting to off for a Sig 220 Carry or even Glock 30 big having 8/10 rounds of 45acp. Like I once heard “it’s not the strongest, fastest, or most intelligent of a species that survives, it’s the most adaptable to change”

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Sure it will. It's a straight line from bump stocks to zero.
I don't see it that way exactly, but I do think it is only a matter of time before the law abiding general populace will be totally disarmed, at least as far as firearms are concerned.

Every graduating class of every level of schooling is a new vanguard of progressive dogma. That isn't fashion, that is a movement that started shortly after the 60's ended and the most activist went back to school and didn't leave. That phenomenon is only gaining momentum and it is a demographic thing. That is why progressives all around the world are so excited to see student demonstrations when it comes to guns.

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Besides. Bump stocks, raising age to 21 or 25, mag capacity limits... yes it’s fun control but sometimes a compromise might be in order to make change? At least we all secure enough to discuss these issues.

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
I don't see it that way exactly, but I do think it is only a matter of time before the law abiding general populace will be totally disarmed, at least as far as firearms are concerned.

Every graduating class of every level of schooling is a new vanguard of progressive dogma. That isn't fashion, that is a movement that started shortly after the 60's ended and the most activist went back to school and didn't leave. That phenomenon is only gaining momentum and it is a demographic thing. That is why progressives all around the world are so excited to see student demonstrations when it comes to guns.
Well, you have a lot more experience with this than I do, and I respect that. But I'm having trouble squaring up your first clause with the rest of your statement.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
There better be a lot of medics cause we’ll need them to jumpstart the hearts of our 300lb+ selves to keep us going going on the battlefield.

The only tanks we’ll have will be our asses.

Severing our supply lines will consist of bombing fast food restaurants.

Unless the military sides with us, we’ll fail.
Speak for yourself, some of us prefer not to be morbidly obese, that being said, I'm not one of the keyboard commandos hoping for a civil war either.

1 - 20 of 386 Posts