Selling other guns and consolidating on glock

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by [email protected], Dec 7, 2019.

1. H@zmatt

[email protected]

I have a gen 3 19 a gen 4 g22 a 2.0 M&p compact as far as striker fired pistols go. My thoughts are consolidating to one firearm platform. I'd sell my 2.0 and buy a gen 5 mos. Anyone have opinions on this or am I over thinking it. I don’t see the 2.0 bringing more than 400 bucks however something about having guns I don’t shoot kind of gives me a twitch.

2. bac1023

bac1023

I guess whatever floats your boat. I like variety myself.

3. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

Do what you like, but I have Glocks and an M&P, the difference in handling is negligible. The triggers are a bit different, but not so much you couldn't use them interchangeably.

MrS&W and -JCN- like this.
  4. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

Me to

MrS&W likes this.
  5. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut? Silver Member

If you like Glocks, there's nothing wrong with this idea. Variety can be appealing, but so can having one common platform. I have 4 carry guns, and 3 of them are Glocks. I do like that, but I also like my non-Glock (a SCCY, believe it or not.)

6. Pluto57

Pluto57

There is a simpler solution. If having a gun you don't shoot gives you a twitch, try shooting that gun. Voila! Twitch will be gone. $400 for the M&P might also be a bit optimistic.

Redeemed, MrS&W, Teecher45 and 6 others like this.
  7. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

I see no issues. When it comes to collectible guns I like a wide swath of firearms, but when it comes to shooting I narrow my focus to a few models (of which I have duplicates).

8. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Maybe for now. I'm anytime in the future you will be tickled by another firearms offering. Good luck in resisting the temptation.

Glockdude1 likes this.
  9. John_AZ

John_AZ

Personally, if I didn’t have so much invested in my Glocks (holsters, magazines, etc) I would go with an M&P 2.0 with an Apex trigger.

10. Nick B

Nick B

^^^This . I like variety and shoot all types and brands .
    You’ll be lucky to get $300 to $350 on the M&P now days .

MrS&W, scattershot and -JCN- like this.
  11. 1SG Ret

1SG Ret

My taste in firearms changes so frequently that I would regret going to one platform. I've contemplated doing so a few times, but never followed thru. Each to his own though.

MrS&W and PRKJayhawk like this.
  12. 0311INF

0311INF

If you're just considering striker actions, then I'd say no problems consolidating on Glock.
    The other action types are not something I'd give up for Glock, considering each has a particular advantage or utility.

Bigblue9 likes this.
  13. azdave

azdave

While Glock was the primary polymer/striker fired name in my safe a few years ago, I decided to go in the other direction: to acquire as many of the other polymer/striker fired pistols I can... variety makes things interesting and you can form an opinion based on YOUR experience, not just what others say!
    Focusing on the Glock 19 and it's size-- since it seems like that is the pistol everyone considers a benchmark-- I've gone after acquiring many other brands of 4" pieces I can.
    TWO stand out to me as better: The M&P 2.0 (in 4" or 3.6") & the Canik TP9SF Elite..... I wouldn't have experienced this if all I had was Glocks!
    I won't get rid of the last few Glocks I have, but now I see how boring it would be if that was all I had....YMMV of course.

14. snowbird.40

snowbird.40

OP - I understand your thought process; I was there once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away. But, then, as I grew older and more easily confused by the plethora of mags, holsters, calibers, etc. I began purposely shrinking my armory and my guns to wind up with one semi auto as a my primary EDC (with a Ruger LCPII for occasional pocket carry). Unfortunately, my final choice is not a Glock: it's a Sig Sauer P365 and I have two of them. No more Glocks.

I seldom glance at the General Glocking forum on this website anymore, which is how I found your post in the General Firearms forum. Obviously, your mileage may vary, YMMV, but I see from other posters that variety remains the spice of life for many on this forum.

Again, personally, I own and carry handguns strictly for self defense. Nothing glamorous about them in my opinion, simply tools that might save my life or other lives of those I deem innocent. For that reason, I cram as many IDPA and BUG matches into my monthly schedule as my wife will allow :-(

Never thought I'd be able to shoot a little gun like this as well as I do in matches, easily the equal of all my previous Glocks. And this was my first Sig, so I've been focused on Glocks for a long time (along with occasionally dabbling with Kahr CM9s for their size). I plan to shoot a sanctioned IDPA match with one of my Sigs in about a month, so I'll report back on how it goes, but I do have high hopes of placing well.

Good luck with your decision.

Bill Keith likes this.
  15. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

You need lots more guns

MrS&W, J.R. Bob Dobbs and Gfive45 like this.
  16. Gfive45

Gfive45

From my own personal experience quite the opposite is in fact true. I still like them... but now I've come back to the dark side.

17. littletank

littletank

While having every model of Glock as of now, I find myself wanting to branch out to see other makes and models for diversification and knowledge..

18. Lil

Lil

I can see consolidating lateral calibers (45/40/9) but guns? That would be like a white rice diet, every day. Too many nice handling guns, some with very fine triggers.

armybass likes this.
  19. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

I’m a shooter not a collector. My goal is to be the best shooter I can be.

Fewer distractions in fewer guns and hobbies, give me more trigger time with my chosen platform.

Actually its just a matter of choice.

20. RPMSTL

RPMSTL

Or,

Keep everything and put together a P80 lower for your 19.3 upper and see what you think.

I’ve picked up a couple more frames lately for $71. Hard to beat that deal.

Easy to switch the upper back and forth. If you’re like most people, you won’t be putting the Glock frame back on much, if at all.