Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
get yourself a smith 442,642.

I love my jframe and i will never sell it. Five shot's should atleast allow me to get the heck out of dodge.

I'd like to buy another just to have a spare in the near future.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Definitely agree with the general wisdom. Save up. My j-frame is irreplaceable but so is my Glock and my P3AT. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
I love my 638 and recently my Ruger LCR. That LCR is sweet and a nice, accruate piece to carry.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Amen to Smoker. My G26 is handy to carry, also, and it has the CT Grips as well as my 638. I intend to put some CTs on my LCR.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
:wow:
I have both.

Autos the go to.

Others for fun.
Strange that you would say that! Weds I was in a GS and was talking to one of the younger people that works there. I pointed out to him his generation trusts auto's, mine revolvers. for me my autos are range toys. Yes this one and that one has gone x number of rounds and has never skipped a beat! Good ,Great, Wonderful. Do I trust it enough for my home defence and carry gun? NO and why is that. Simple-from day one, 40+ yrs, has any centerfire revolver failed to fire when I pulled the trigger. NO amount of talk can or will over come that fact. You see a need for more than 6 shots. no argument here. I don't after that its just fords and chevies.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Not crazy I use the SW wheelguns for ccw and house and have had dozens of Glocks ,but allways use the SW wheelguns for serious selfdefence everytime. If I need more its a long gun. Don,t much care for the auto,s.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
It's not crazy if your goal is to have a gun on you at all times. The J frame offers more options. When I carry a j frame my quality of life improves. I'm not limited in movement and socializing.

I like my glock 19 and an extra mag. Don't get me wrong. But with the discriminating public and relatives my jframe is often my best friend.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
you have a real winner of a G19, keep it and it will keep your new snubbie in good company. I sold my G36 years back, and still regret it to this day, it was a fine weapon and very accurate.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I traded off one of my Glocks for a snub. I traded a 3rd gen Glock 22 for a Smith & Wesson J frame model 60 (circa 1980-81) and never looked back.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Not crazy, but maybe not the best choice either.
Snubbies require practice to really be effective and they are more difficult to master than the G26/27. Also, if it's a steel frame, it won't be much an improvement in terms of ease to carry over the mini glock.
If you simply need a lighter smaller gun with decent power, the lightweight snubby is IT, but you really should invest some effort in getting good with it, they are simple and reliable, but you got five shots that can be harder to place under stress vs the mini glock.
+1...very good post.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.