Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering selling my G27 and getting a snubbie in 357 or 38spl for my ccw and housegun.......just looking for simplicity and ease of carry, I dont get to the range much anymore.........crazy?

·
woo woo
31,362 Posts
I am considering selling my G27 and getting a snubbie in 357 or 38spl for my ccw and housegun.......just looking for simplicity and ease of carry, I dont get to the range much anymore.........crazy?
Not crazy, but maybe not the best choice either.
Snubbies require practice to really be effective and they are more difficult to master than the G26/27. Also, if it's a steel frame, it won't be much an improvement in terms of ease to carry over the mini glock.
If you simply need a lighter smaller gun with decent power, the lightweight snubby is IT, but you really should invest some effort in getting good with it, they are simple and reliable, but you got five shots that can be harder to place under stress vs the mini glock.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Very crazy! Keep the Glock and save up for the wheel gun!
I agree. Everyone I know who has sold their gun(s) has regretted it.

Oh, I love revolvers also! Definitely save up for one (or two, or three...).

·
Registered
606 Posts
I did that. I traded a G19 with Night Sights, Decal Grip, Metal Guided, and Pugged Grip for a S&W 37+P. Two years later I decided I should have at least One High Cap Gun so, I bought a G26. If you can, I would put the Glock away and get a Wheel Gun to play with. A light weight 38 +P is excellent for the pocket and for backup. A 357 2" carries nicely IWB. I all ways carry Two Guns most times its Two Revolvers and lately it's been my 642 in the pocket and my G26 IWB. It's a nice option to have.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If I were you I would keep the Glock.

With that said, start hitting gun shops and checking the used counters. I have found two snubbies in the past month that were great prices and looked brand new.

First one was a Smith 642 and I bought it and took the lock out of it. Now, I have a 442 on layway and will have it within a month or two should things keep on trucking financially.

I got the 442 for 350.00. Quit eating out/smoking (if you smoke) and other luxuries and save up for a snubbie.

They are great pocket/CCW firearms.

·
Frisky!
35,977 Posts
Keep Glock.
Get used revo.
Smith, ruger, Colt.
.38 spl +p rated should be fine.
:supergrin:

·
NRA Life Member
246 Posts
Don't get rid of the Glock.....just save up for the snubbie.....I have a few Glocks, however, I carry a S&W or Taurus snub on a daily basis. Not that I don't love the Glocks, I just seem to be able to hide the snubs better on my person. And I do a lot of practice with them....snubs are not easily mastered.....so my vote is to get the snub....shoot the hell out of it with practice rounds...and when you feel competent enough....carry the snub.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I wish I could find a 442 for $350, good price if it's used." Your Killing Me ",if it's new!!!!
It looks and locks up like a new one. But it is used. A trade in. It's got a couple of "shiny" spots along the top of the frame that are going to get touched up with a Birchwood Casey pen when I get it.

I got the 642 (and it was in smoking fine shape) for 360.00 plus tax. No box, no ILS key, no papers. Little polish (Flitz) on the cylinder and barrel and it looks great.

Made a 40 buck payment on the 442 today. Can't wait to get it home and try it out. If it's half the shooter the 642 is, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
606 Posts
A bunch of years back I could have got a New 442 for $289 + Tax. I let it slide because I traded for a Mdl. 37+P. I still liked the look of that 442. I since have had the chance to pickup a 642. I carry the 642 all day every day as a backup. I still want that 442 ( it must be the color black like my 37). I don't want it bad enough to buy a new one heck, I work at a Gun Shop and can get it at cost + Tax. Some day some one will come in and want to trade theirs in or just sell it and I will finally have one. Then it will be like my Bobbed Mld. 37+P. I won't carry it just look at it and play with it. I have a problem, So many Snubs, so little time............

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I carry a 637 pre-lock or 342 prelock about 90% of the time with a speed strip. I arrested a multi pound marijuana dealer yesterday carrying only that, I had 3 uniforms with me. If stuff starts getting bad I just got a PD issued MP-5:supergrin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts