I used to know a salesman for one of the big online firearms resellers. Years ago he alerted me, “We just received a bunch of LE trade-in Glocks, and some appear to be unissued.”
I purchased two Gen3 G26 pistols (for wife and me) per his recommendation. They exhibited no signs of wear, and mine arrived with a night-sight front sight installed. That sight is dim now, but indicates that the pistol was tweaked by a departmental armorer.
I’ve carried this pistol a lot, but have shot it very little. In fact, I don’t shoot nearly as much as I should. I visit the range maybe four times a year and shoot a box of 50 or so. It's expensive, and my Dad--who taught me to shoot and hunt--was a Marine Corps sergeant who emphasized “aimed fire.” As a result I just don’t shoot lots of rounds.
This pistol, holster and magazines are very clean and in good condition. No aspect of this rig has been abused or damaged. The Blackhawk SERPA holster provides amazing retention, adjustable cant and an excellent draw (note how low and open the holster front is)...BUT...that SERPA plastic does cause wear to slide finishes. The wear is already 'a done deal' (so no worries) and matches the holster shape exactly – the by-product of carrying and drawing from this holster. Of course, some people LIKE holster wear; they say it’s authentic and adds character to the weapon. So go ahead...impress your friends. Ha! And if you’re looking to refinish a slide for some “exotic effect” dis hyeh be yo boy! :supergrin:
I sold my other 9mm Glocks here on GlockTalk. Guys who bought them know I describe things accurately, and each buyer has been pleased with his purchase. This kit consists of the following (see images below):
1. Glock Gen3 G26 (black) in good condition, but for holster-induced cosmetic slide wear. It shoots well, exactly what you'd expect. Serial number is DFB8xxUS. Apparently this pistol was manufactured in Austria in July 1999.
2. Primary 10rnd G26 Glock magazine with original GAP INDUSTRIES “Concealable Control” finger rest floor plate. Gap Industries floor plates haven’t been available for years. They’re a fantastic accessory, and I wouldn’t carry a G26 without one. I’m selling my four remaining new/unused Gap Industries floor plates AT THIS OTHER LINK.
3. New/unused 10rnd G26 Glock magazine with standard floor plate for maximum concealment. Also included is a +2 magazine bottom that provides a finger rest and adds two rounds for 12-round magazine capacity.
4. Two (2) 17rnd G17 Glock magazines, each with a +2 magazine bottom providing 19-round magazine capacity. I loaded these with just 17rnds to avoid excessive spring tension (probably unnecessary). Also included are the original magazine floor plates, should you wish to reconfigure as standard 17-round magazines.
5. Unique old-style Glock Box (SN label on the box does not match the SN on the pistol). You can’t find this type box anymore, so it might be collectible.
6. Standard Glock 9mm magazine loader and nylon bore brush.
7. Blackhawk SERPA retention holster. I've used only this for years as an OWB belt slide holster with an FBI cant carried behind the right hip. I’m tall and lean and have had no trouble concealing it under untucked shirts. And in cold weather it disappears under jacket, coat or sweater. No matter what you do, the pistol retention remains rock-solid and the draw is quick, easy and natural thanks to the release button, the open holster front, adjustable retention pressure and adjustable cant. The SERPA comes with belt-slide and pancake attachments, both with cant adjustment, and this holster also fits your Gen3 G19 and G17. Probably fits Gen4 9mm and .40 as well.
8. This is my final Glock pistol, so I’m including the following spare parts:
a) standard magazine release, #287
b) firing pin spring,
c) disassembly bar with flat spring, Gen3 G17
d) two (2) firing pin safety plungers, each with spring
9. Last but not least...the rare and ever-popular Glock Key Ring depicting a tiny Gen3 Glock 17, injection molded from actual Glock frame polymer and exhibiting a surprisingly high level of tiny detail. I think this is collectible and am including it because your purchase marks The End of My Glock Experience...sniff
$400 DELIVERED TO YOUR FFL
THIS PRICE HAS BEEN REDUCED, see later posts
NE residents can transact in CASH, face-to-face
and get a discount due to no delivery cost
I answer Private Messages as quickly as I can, but I don’t carry a cell phone.