Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gun Firearm Electronic device Technology Trigger

I used to know a salesman for one of the big online firearms resellers. Years ago he alerted me, “We just received a bunch of LE trade-in Glocks, and some appear to be unissued.”

I purchased two Gen3 G26 pistols (for wife and me) per his recommendation. They exhibited no signs of wear, and mine arrived with a night-sight front sight installed. That sight is dim now, but indicates that the pistol was tweaked by a departmental armorer.

I’ve carried this pistol a lot, but have shot it very little. In fact, I don’t shoot nearly as much as I should. I visit the range maybe four times a year and shoot a box of 50 or so. It's expensive, and my Dad--who taught me to shoot and hunt--was a Marine Corps sergeant who emphasized “aimed fire.” As a result I just don’t shoot lots of rounds.

This pistol, holster and magazines are very clean and in good condition. No aspect of this rig has been abused or damaged. The Blackhawk SERPA holster provides amazing retention, adjustable cant and an excellent draw (note how low and open the holster front is)...BUT...that SERPA plastic does cause wear to slide finishes. The wear is already 'a done deal' (so no worries) and matches the holster shape exactly – the by-product of carrying and drawing from this holster. Of course, some people LIKE holster wear; they say it’s authentic and adds character to the weapon. So go ahead...impress your friends. Ha! And if you’re looking to refinish a slide for some “exotic effect” dis hyeh be yo boy! :supergrin:

I sold my other 9mm Glocks here on GlockTalk. Guys who bought them know I describe things accurately, and each buyer has been pleased with his purchase. This kit consists of the following (see images below):

1. Glock Gen3 G26 (black) in good condition, but for holster-induced cosmetic slide wear. It shoots well, exactly what you'd expect. Serial number is DFB8xxUS. Apparently this pistol was manufactured in Austria in July 1999.

2. Primary 10rnd G26 Glock magazine with original GAP INDUSTRIES “Concealable Control” finger rest floor plate. Gap Industries floor plates haven’t been available for years. They’re a fantastic accessory, and I wouldn’t carry a G26 without one. I’m selling my four remaining new/unused Gap Industries floor plates AT THIS OTHER LINK.

3. New/unused 10rnd G26 Glock magazine with standard floor plate for maximum concealment. Also included is a +2 magazine bottom that provides a finger rest and adds two rounds for 12-round magazine capacity.

4. Two (2) 17rnd G17 Glock magazines, each with a +2 magazine bottom providing 19-round magazine capacity. I loaded these with just 17rnds to avoid excessive spring tension (probably unnecessary). Also included are the original magazine floor plates, should you wish to reconfigure as standard 17-round magazines.

5. Unique old-style Glock Box (SN label on the box does not match the SN on the pistol). You can’t find this type box anymore, so it might be collectible.

6. Standard Glock 9mm magazine loader and nylon bore brush.

7. Blackhawk SERPA retention holster. I've used only this for years as an OWB belt slide holster with an FBI cant carried behind the right hip. I’m tall and lean and have had no trouble concealing it under untucked shirts. And in cold weather it disappears under jacket, coat or sweater. No matter what you do, the pistol retention remains rock-solid and the draw is quick, easy and natural thanks to the release button, the open holster front, adjustable retention pressure and adjustable cant. The SERPA comes with belt-slide and pancake attachments, both with cant adjustment, and this holster also fits your Gen3 G19 and G17. Probably fits Gen4 9mm and .40 as well.

8. This is my final Glock pistol, so I’m including the following spare parts:
a) standard magazine release, #287
b) firing pin spring,
c) disassembly bar with flat spring, Gen3 G17
d) two (2) firing pin safety plungers, each with spring

9. Last but not least...the rare and ever-popular Glock Key Ring depicting a tiny Gen3 Glock 17, injection molded from actual Glock frame polymer and exhibiting a surprisingly high level of tiny detail. I think this is collectible and am including it because your purchase marks The End of My Glock Experience...sniff

$400 DELIVERED TO YOUR FFL
THIS PRICE HAS BEEN REDUCED, see later posts

NE residents can transact in CASH, face-to-face
and get a discount due to no delivery cost

I answer Private Messages as quickly as I can, but I don’t carry a cell phone.

Gun Product Firearm Photograph Trigger
Gun Firearm Trigger Photograph White
Product Technology Line Light Plastic
Product Lens Circle Camera accessory Plastic
Technology Machine Office supplies Toy Air gun
Electronic device Technology Grey Parallel Loudspeaker
Brown Text Photograph White Font
White Technology Light Black Grey
Office equipment Paper
Gun Product Firearm Trigger Metal

·
21,363 Posts
Are the +2 Glock or aftermarket? Would you include everything including the other set of GAP floor plates for $400? Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The +2 bottoms are aftermarket, not Glock. They've been in use for years and exhibit no problems. In addition, I sold a bunch of them to others and not a single negative report.

Thanks, but I'll pass on the suggested deal. $400 for this much gear (that's tried-and-true and in good shape) is a fair price, and those GAP Industries floor plates are rare and extremely functional.

Think it over. :supergrin: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Face-to-face transfer, I might go $365. A well maintained G26 with the Gap Industries floor plate, the holster, two 19rnd mags, +2 mag bottoms, spare parts and an "Official Glock key ring"...whooHoo! That's a lotta stuff(!) :supergrin:

Regarding FTF transfer, if you're a NE resident, PM me.

This rig is still for sale, FTF or via your FFL.
Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I decided I wasn't going to buy any guns.... Why did I look? Must resist. BTT
Larry ==
As far as I can tell, this G26 was produced the same year (1999) that you joined GlockTalk, so why not add it to your collection as a "Commemorative." It's used to the bitter cold in NE, so it won't mind those MN winters one bit. :supergrin: If The Beatles were right and "Happiness is a warm gun" carrying this under your coat should keep you downright toasty!

·
Premium Member
26,934 Posts
Larry ==
As far as I can tell, this G26 was produced the same year (1999) that you joined GlockTalk, so why not add it to your collection as a "Commemorative." It's used to the bitter cold in NE, so it won't mind those MN winters one bit. :supergrin: If The Beatles were right and "Happiness is a warm gun" carrying this under your coat should keep you downright toasty!
Luckyfor me that was my return join date. I was blocked, kicked off..with a dozen others. Finally they told me they deleted those accounts after telling users. So I recovered my user name but new join date. (Something like that it was @18 yrs ago). ;)
FTF I wouldn't be able to resist. I already carry a 26. But have a 27 as spare. (i like 26 as G17, 18, 19 mags work for spares. A33 rd mag in 26 looks strange. But it works.). That 642 was tempting... I need to stay away from this area. BTT

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
...I was blocked, kicked off..with a dozen others.
You sound like our kinda guy! I understand. You're trying to kick the habit, but this particular pistol would take a real liking to you. =]

And hey, the holster has an open muzzle. I know Gen3 G19 and G17 fit perfectly (small holster for larger guns is always a good idea) and I know G19 Gen4 fits, too. I'm pretty sure ANY double-stack 9mm will fit, and I'll bet the comparable .40cals do, too.

Just sayin... :supergrin:

·
Premium Member
26,934 Posts
You sound like our kinda guy! I understand. You're trying to kick the habit, but this particular pistol would take a liking to you, and would prove especially loyal/reliable/helpful.

And hey, the holster has an open muzzle. I know Gen3 G19 and G17 fit perfectly (small holster for larger guns is always a good idea) and I know G19 Gen4 fits, too. I'm pretty sure ANY double-stack 9mm will fit, and I'll bet the comparable .40cals do, too.

Just sayin... :supergrin:
Says the guy who is selling his last to person who is thinking he should "thin the herd"

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Good point. :supergrin: But this is my last Glock, not my last pistol. I'll be tending a herd of my own for the forseeable future.

And I'm thinking that a herd of Glocks is probably a Flock:
A Flock o' Glocks

As I find more Glock parts I just toss them into the box. Everything goes to the buyer of this final G26.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
More spare parts
They're included with your purchase

See below: G19 Guide Rod / Recoil Spring.
It's unused, and I think it's Gen4.

See below: Scherer SlugPlug butt plug, that serves two purposes:
1) Keeps crud out of the gap behind the Gen3 grip backstrap.
2) Provides a stop when reloading, makes it easier to find the mag well.

Line Pattern Black Parallel Black-and-white
Text Plastic Transparent material Chemical compound Label Gun Yellow Firearm Trigger Photograph

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Do the Math
I think the following prices are accurate and reasonable

Free State Buyers
$385 TOTAL COST for all items

The following accessories come to $94:
$15 Holster
$20 Gap Industries "Concealable Control" magazine floorplate
$4 Scherer SlugPlug
$25 Spare parts
$5 Glock 17 Keychain
$25 Delivery from my FFL to yours

That means you're paying only $251 for the PISTOL.
And getting the two new-condition 17rnd mags with +2 mag bottoms at a cost of just $40.
Way below current mag prices.

California Buyers (without hi-cap mags)
$345 TOTAL COST for all items

The following accessories come to $94:
$15 Holster
$20 Gap Industries "Concealable Control" magazine floorplate
$4 Scherer SlugPlug
$25 Spare parts
$5 Glock 17 Keychain
$25 Delivery from my FFL to yours

That means you're paying only $251 for the PISTOL.

For a buyer in either locale, that's a BIG DISCOUNT for a little cosmetic slide wear. And hey, a little metal showin' through might earn you some 'street cred' with the crims. :supergrin:

See large-format photos of everything HERE.

Gun Firearm Electronic device Technology Trigger

1 - 20 of 30 Posts