close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Selling My G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wrecks24, Aug 19, 2012.

1. wrecks24

wrecks24

Well boys, I hate to say it but, she's gotta go. Took her to the range today and fired around 500 rounds through, just trying all different types of ammo. The only ammo that ran 100% no BTF was the Blazer Alum 115. Out of the whole 500 today, I think I ate about 200 cases, Not real happy about it. But the RSO had an M&P 9c and .40, He let me shoot a mag from the 9c and i ate two cases from it...lol. WTF man, can I get a pistol that does not shoot crap back at me? Well anyway, I am PCSing to Italy in a few months and cant take weapons with me , so I am selling the 19 and cutting my losses, maybe when i get back stateside all this crap will be worked out. So I am not saying goodbye to glock for good. Peace out and good luck with your Pistols.

2. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Details on the G19?

Are you possibly the common denominator here? Not trying to be a dick. Honest question. I am a police firearms instructor by trade and a lot of "bad guns" are folks who have developed some poor habits in their shooting, including .mil and LE types.

This a gen4 you were shooting? Symptoms?

Good luck either way. And Glock ownership is not a prerequisite to hang out here. :wavey:

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Pathfinder20

Pathfinder20

I'm in the same spot. By chance do you have access to a Sig 2022 in 9mm? I dont have one to try. Holding onto 2 Glock 19's hoping for a good repair solution to come along. May die of old age before that happens. What a f-en bummer.

Pathfinder20

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  4. bac1023

bac1023

Enjoy your time in Italy. :wavey:

5. wrecks24

wrecks24

Sorry, its a Gen 3, test fire date of June 2012, Trust me its not my grip or stance. I think Glock has a genuine problem on their hands, I really do like everything about glock pistols, but I demand 100% functionality and reliability in something I may bet my life or my families lives on. Sorry Glock!

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

Most importantly best of luck while you are abroad.

Is Blazer the round that is used at Glock when they test pistols there?

7. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

From the most recent reports (ie Glocktalk threads) Blazer is Glock's go to ammo for recent test firing.

Enjoy Italy.

8. wrecks24

wrecks24

yes it is, and I think that is why when you send in your gun, they say it fires in spec. If they ran brass, i think they would see the difference.

9. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Interesting theory.

Best of luck.:patriot:

10. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Their may be more to it as I have seen it posted here that folks with problem guns seem to experience less BTF,BTH,function problems with aluminum and steel casings.
    Steel and I'm not sure about aluminum cases tend to hold in the chamber after firing for what ever microseconds amount of time. Thus somewhat retarding slide speed,which may lead one to think of recoil spring,Ah could it be. SJ 40

11. Cochese

Shame.

I got lucky, my G17/26 are 6/12 dated and are flawless.

Good luck and stay safe!

12. wrecks24

wrecks24

Dunno, but i am tired of it all, I'm tired of searching for the answer. I thought I had it figured out, but today at the range was the last straw. I will get another Glock, but since Im moving anyway, its just gonna sit in my dads safe, so I will sell it and hopefully when I get back home there will be a solution. Then I will by another glock.

13. Ranger45

Ranger45

Good luck overseas and thanks for your service!

14. Bruce M

Bruce M

That's what I was wondering. Now I wonder if anyone else has tried Blazer and had success with it but not with a brass cased round.

15. wrecks24

wrecks24

Mine ran absolutely perfect with alum blazer, but any kind of brass was hit or miss, today i actually had a case go forward of the gun, like the 12 o'clock :wow:

16. BearZ061

BearZ061

Just shot my gen 3 19 today for the first time. 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 115gr and some Hornady 147gr xtp hollow points. No problems at all. I just need some more practice. I shoot my 1911 springfield 45 champion much better.

17. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

I don't disagree one bit. I guess I don't have a lot of faith in them,don't even think they know exactly what the cause is at least so far.
    What I would suggest when you get back,you look for a Glock of your choice and caliber of your choice. Just as long as it was produced prior to December 2006.

Back this past May I picked up a G19,early Gen 3 two pin,made ,November 1999.
    While it was used it couldn't have had much more than a box of ammunition through it as it still had coper lube on the rails and not one mark on it. Functions 100 % with all weights,all brands I've tried in it so far.
    I think that's what used to be known as Glock Perfection.
    Thanks for your service and Take Care SJ 40

18. bunk22

bunk22

That sucks to have a gun that doesn't function right. I had a G36 like that...no BTF but FTF, FTE, etc. I got rid of it. Luckily, my Gen 4 G17 and 19 have been issue free. Good luck.

19. Simpleman71

Simpleman71

People saying it is shooter error is crap. I have bought and sold 2 gen 4 19's with issues. Have a 17, 22, 23, and 27 with no issues. Not sure what is up with the gen 4 compact 9's but mine are gone. Waiting on a 9mm shield now.

20. Cochese

Shooter error is ALWAYS a possibility. Especially when the OP describes the issue on a Glock AND M&P.