close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sell Glock 23 for a Sig 229 SRT?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PrecisionRifleman, Apr 9, 2012.

1. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

Can anyone give me any good reasons why I shouldn't out right sell my Gen 4 Glock 23 w/ Trijicon HD's to buy a Sig 229 with the SRT trigger and Sig night sights? I've been kicking this idea around in my head for over a month now, and I can't seem to decide. I've never owned a Sig, and though I know they are considered high quality handguns, I wonder how they compare in durability. Does Sig use standard land and groove rifling in their barrels or do they run with the hexagonal barrels?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. barth

barth six barrels

I believe they have regular rifling.
    Put an SRT on my P239 and couldn't tell the difference.
    Have an SRT kit for my P220, but I'm not going to put it in the gun.

I still prefer to carry my G27 over either of them...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

3. Brad55102

Brad55102

my question is why?
    will it be more reliable than your Glock?
    will it shoot better than your Glock?

i think not....

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I wouldn't make that trade, but that's me. :dunno:

5. JBnTX

JBnTX 2 Timothy 2:15

Keep your Glock.

SIG arms, much like all other firearms manufacturers today, has
    a serious quality control problem.

If you have a Glock, or any other brand of pistol that works, keep it.

Don't sell or trade it for one that might be junk.

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

The Sig is going to be heavier, but with a good holster & belt, would be ok.
    I would rather have a Sig vs a Glock. Sig will cost a good deal more as well.

7. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

Brad I like my G23, but I don't like casings to the forehead. Besides that I've been interested in getting a Sig every since I saw a P220 carry in a local store. The casings to the forehead isn't really a big part of my purchase consideration as much as the fact that I am just really interested in the Sig. I originally though about going back to the 45 in the P220 Carry, but I think that the full size frame albeit the shorter barrel would be difficult to conceal. Plus there is greater capacity in the 229 v.s the 220. Lastly I also think that since the 229 has a little more heft it may possibly be smoother to transition to the 2nd shot.

There are trade offs to both, and both are great pistols. I think I may just want to mix things up.

8. OrGlocker

OrGlocker

If it was me I would. The P229 is an excellant carry platform plus it comes w/SRT. You can always pick up another G23.

9. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

I have both pistols and the P229 w/SRT is one hell of a gun. The felt recoil is minimal! Even when compared to a gen4 23. For carry it is obvious the glock wins. For overall quality and refinement, then Sig. Personally I would go with Sig on this one. If it were a 9mm I would stick with glock.

10. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Go with the Sig. I did and I haven't looked back since! :wavey:

11. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

If this is a carry gun keep the Glock, if not get the Sig with SRT. Have you fired the gun to see if you like it with the SRT, most like it but a few dont. The P229 is a good gun. You can't go wrong with either choice. Which do you shoot better. Do you have the cash to buy all the holster(s), extra mags, and anything else you might need for a carry gun.

:50cal:

12. Shinesintx

Shinesintx

I own 7 Glocks and 6 Sigs. Which is my favorite? Well, that depends. My P238 is the easiest to carry and is my EDC. My G21 gets carried in the woods and is hidden in my office. Sometimes I carry the P220 in the woods because I like the Combat color. The G35 rests on my armoire with a light attachment. My G23 is always hidden in my truck. I like the round capacity and the fact that I can carry it in a pinch. Sometimes I carry a CW 40 or a Kimber Ultra. Every now and then I carry a G33. When I fly, I take my CW 9 because its was bought at a price point...that I would not freak out if the TSA stole it. I really have no use for my P229's or P226's, but I really like shooting and looking at them.

My advise? Keep the G23 and buy a P229. Why? You can only be married to one woman at a time...guns dont care if you fondle other guns.

13. G21MAN

G21MAN

I have one, and it is one of my favorite carry weapons. I really like the Gen 4, and luckily the .40 versions are trouble free. I wanted a high cap .40 in polymer, and chose the Glock because they have always done it best. I have about 300 trouble free rounds through mine, and I am going to keep it. Very concealable, and the 4 inch bbl is what the .40 was designed for. Save up and buy the Sig. Once you have a winner in the safe (I have a 13 year old), don't let it go. When you go to replace it, you may not get another good one. :whistling:

14. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

I just sold my Sig P226 E2 (has SRT, rubber grips and Trijicons) because every time I went to the range I only used my Gen4 19.

My Sig was really nice, and felt awesome in my hands, but one thing I hated about it was the bore axis. I like the bore axis of Glock much better, and find that I shoot much better as a result of having it so small.

15. MikeG36

MikeG36

I'd try to keep the 23 and buy the Sig unless you hate your 23 - in which case I'd say Go For It!! :dunno:

Good Luck.

16. barth

barth six barrels

If you're looking for a carry Sig this is the one I would choose.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  17. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I like the 229 much better.

18. dpadams6

dpadams6

Sig all the way. The sig 229 WAS DESIGNED for the 40. Not a finer shooting platform on the planet for the 40. Imho.....

19. James Dean

James Dean

I shot both side by side at the range. The Sig P229 shoots .40 very soft. Sig hands down for .40. I would look online for a German made P229. I found an unfired P229 from the early 1990s. 135XX original cardboard box, triple serial numbers and papers. They are out there.

20. Wizz

Wizz

In my opinion it's apples and oranges. Disregarding the QC issues Sig Arms has started having in the past years...I find Sigs to be one of the most accurate out of the box pistols. Especially when talking about the older/German ones the refinement is stellar. However the Sig has a DA/SA trigger to contend with which generally isn't as fast on first shot as a SAO or Glock trigger. Also Sig's higher bore axis doesn't help. That's why in IDPA low bore axis pistols are preferred, but Sigs are great for HD. Like said, I would have a hard time selling a gun that is reliable and that you shoot well. Find a way to possibly have both...maybe sell some garage items or something :)