Glock Talk banner

Sell G30SF for a G30Gen4?

1978 Views 32 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  GlockFan7
I'm thinking of selling my G30SF and buying a G30Gen4. Any reason I shouldn't do this?
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Why not? It's all up to you. Personally, I don't care to sell/trade my guns for whatever reason. I've learned my lesson years ago. But that's just me. Good luck on your decision.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,028 Posts
If you are left handed and dislike the grip texture of the 30sf I could see validity. I am trying to evaluate gain over what you are giving up, seems slight to me.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
I'd compare them side-by-side. See how the grips feel in relationship to each other before you commit.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
My next purchase will be either the G30 Gen 4 or the G19 gen 4. I like the grip adjustability.

I have went and looked and held all the 30 models (G30 G4, G30SF, G30S). If I had to choose one today, I'd be hard pressed to make up my mind.

If concealabity is a must, it would be the G30S. However, I like and do consider mag capacity. So, that would lead me to G30 G4 because it will also accept the 21's 13/rd mag.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
[QUOTE="Locust414, post: 22464378, member: 244139

...G30S. However, I like and do consider mag capacity. So, that would lead me to G30 G4 because it will also accept the 21's 13/rd mag.[/QUOTE

Are you saying that the 30 S will not except 13 round mags?

I was not aware that that is the case??

· Registered
2,184 Posts
I have a G30sf and really like the gen4s. But the main reason I like the gen4s is for their smaller grip - which is negligible in the case of G30. Also, I have several thousand rounds on the G30sf making the trigger very nice. All this and that I know it's reliable, I will keep my sf.

· Registered
3,937 Posts
I'd keep the 30SF. Realistically, what do you gain by switching to the Gen 4? Without the back strap, the grips are nearly the same size, same sight radius, same barrel, same mags, so other than grip texture and the changes to the RSA, there's little difference. Unless there's a reliability or accuracy issue, the 30SF is a known quantity. Ultimately, the choice is yours. Good Luck and good shooting.

Reactions: redrick

· Registered
1,388 Posts
I started to cover that in my post above:

There is NO sense in selling your G30SF and getting genration four UNLESS, you need the ambi-mag release OR the grip adjustability-OR you need a more concealble pistol=G30S.

The G30 gen 4 is built on the G30SF frame. Same with the G21 gen 4, it is built on the G21SF frame as well.

Your rationale/choice is above....and it would rationally speaking, be between the G30S or G30 gen 4. The G30SF is a generation 3 Glock pistol.

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was worried about reliability since it tends to FTF on Federal HST 230gr. +P. Out of 50 rounds it FTF four times. But I've read that this is common for the G30 series of pistols. It shoots Speer Gold Dot 230gr. standard pressure flawlessly every time. So that's the ammo I've chosen. I think I'll just keep my G30SF.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.