close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Self Defense

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by TaurusPT945, Feb 21, 2006.

1. TaurusPT945

TaurusPT945

2. alpha1g23

alpha1g23 diamondback

absolutely positive just exactly what they just told you except you should also be alert bka may kasama pa iba BG na nakatago sa tabi who knows, also depende yan on where it happen is it in your own home or in the street, if ever na mangyari nga which is i hope not to any of us, {almost the same incident happen to me but i didnt take a shot at the bg coz i find out that what he was holding in his waist is a TOYGUN buti na lang mabilis mata ko.}after the bg is down look around if it is safe and sure about it holstered your gun then call a cop or a family/friend tell them what just happen and have them call the police for you the reason why i siad you should holstered you weapon is because when the cops arrived at the scene seeing you with the gun you might get shot at get the point, call a lawyer when you get to the police station, then of course depende sa investigation ng crime scenes and or soco kung papano talaga nangyari one mistake is all it takes pag may tama yung BG sa likod , maghihimas ka ng rehas at kailangan mo ng karton at malamig ang sahig sa loob... its not funny pero all of this can be turn around or twist a little if you have lots and lot and lots of MONEY some might not agree for what i said but its the reality...

3. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

our dogs were barking all night, went out and shot some cats with my ksc usp compact, even made a head shot, i call that sleep defense.;f ;f

4. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

:)

Let's clarify that a KSC USP Compact is an airsoft implement.
    We don't want any misunderstandings, since using a real firearm
    for the above exercise would be irresponsible and moreover criminal.

horge

5. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Not true. You'll be surprised how fast can a man turn after hearing the first shot. You may not be able to stop shooting immediately after the BG has already turned. It does not mean that you intend to shoot a BG running away. It just means you weren't able to stop shooting as the BG turns way. You were just reacting to the BGs action. Forensics can prove that. Just prepare a good defense and have a good lawyer when it comes to the courtroom.

6. kiddie

kiddie

What are the legal elements of self-defense here in the P.I.?
    Please enumerate...

1.?
    2.?

7. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

You would need Massad Ayoob. :) I think i read about that (turning BG) in a gun magazine.

8. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

9. kiddie

kiddie

..."SECOND, reasonable necessity of the means employed to prevent or repel the unlawful aggression; and"...

I think this is the critical part among the three mentioned.
    Will someone elaborate 'reasonable necessity' are their any precautionary, tactical or legal tricks to pass this element of self-defense especially for gun owners.

10. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Meron ba tayong mga qualified expert witness dito sa Pinas? Yap read it too but also witnessed it first hand. Happens when a BG was startled at the response of hisintended victim.

11. alpha1g23

alpha1g23 diamondback

as i said earlier some might not agree with me,some might know this kind of things way much better than i can explain it. if you made your first shot at the chest but you miss the vital area then somehow a badguy manage to turn and runaway why shoot him in the back when you can shot him in a legparts... if you think your that good with the gun then why shoot the badguy in the chest in a first place when you can shoot him in the head. 1 shot is all it takes.... tapos na BG is down,less explanation ....

12. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Wrong. Shooting a BG anywhere in his body will merit an explanation and will not in any way lessen what you wil have to explain.Because shooting a person anywhare is an application of lethal force. No handgun round is a reliable stopper. A shot in the torso will give more guarrantee of a stop than a shot in the leg. Last time I checked, it is the hands that holds the weapon not the leg It doesn't mean that you have to shoot the hands instead. What I mean is you should shoot a perp where it will hurt him the most or cause enough damage to make him stop his attack. It is hard enough to hit a static object under stress. What more if that object is moving. What more if that moving object is as small as a leg, in the dark. Suppose that you hit the BG in the leg and it did not cause him to stop. You will have to shoot again, that is if the BG hasn't yet managed to get close to slash or whack you if is holding a knife or a hard object, or pull the trigger if he is holding a gun. There will be more bullets flying from you and the bad guy. And one of those bullets may hit you, or your loved one or a innocent person. All because you thought you can stop his attack with a single shot in a leg. If its worth shooting. Its worth shooting till they're down. And though shooting a BG in the head will most certainly cause him to stop, its still a small moving object. You fail to hit him and it may hit another person in the head. So bale mas mahabang explanation yun. It's not about we think we're good enough with the gun that we think we can hit them were we want. Its about accountability with every bullet that goes out of our gun and making the most of those bullets. You should shoot the biggest target available in a gunfight as they are presented.

No offense meant alpha1g23 but you should rethink your thoughts about defense with a firearm. It may cause you and your family real harm or great inconvenience at the least. You may have come close to using a gun in defense but some of us here has real life experiences with gunfights and its nothing like what you think it is. Anwyay we share our views and experiences so others may learn from it and save their's and their loved ones lives

13. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

14. RATRAT

RATRAT

In my opinion alpha 123 is right..........after unloading 3 to4 shots to the chest and the perp turns his back its either hes running away or hes been forced to that position by the force of the bullets so it will not be self defense anymore to shoot him in the back..coz thats the topic what is self defense or not..coz if the perp is not hurt or not frightened by your bullets he will continue his attack and not turn his back...so when his back is turned its sensible to shoot him in the legs in case you feel more agression... and in case he decided to turn around and face you again youre in advantageous position to unload again more shots to his chest and head.....so my main point is "make the first volley of fire count" coz if you cant make it in 3 to 5 shots....i think you need a granade launcher to bring the perp down!;I

15. alpha1g23

alpha1g23 diamondback

darwin25

i respect your words its just MY OWN OPINION funny with my g22 40cal i can bet my $$s 1 rnd i can take him down head shot up to 15meters, i know what im capable of and i know exactly where i wanted every shot i fired, why would i shot him in the head if i cant see it? get the point! if any of this will happen do you think the badguy will start shooting at you from 30meters or more? of course not most of this happen almost an arm lenght away, does any any this ever happen to you? well it does to me as i said the incident happen to me before the reason i saw what he was holding in his waist is just a TOYGUN because he was just 5 to 7 meters away from me... i didnt shot him maybe you askin me why i didnt, to my judgement how can he harm me with a toygun while me pointing my g23 carry pistol to his head, actually i can make a move but imagine if i shot the bg what will you be seeing at tv patrol that jan.1 BINARIL SA ULO DAHIL MAY HAWAK NA TOYGUN its funny isnt? nakakatawa na nakakainis....

also darwin you might be right i might be wrong but i respect your word and you dont have to respect mine. im a lover not a fighter ha ha ha ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

16. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

If the BG turned his back, as much as possible, you should stop shooting, even at the legs. It's hard enough to hit a moving body at a gunfight situation, why risk at shooting at an even smaller target (legs). The end result may not be favorable to you if those missed shot/s hit innocent bystanders.

17. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

alpha1g23, do you really think that you can hit a headshot upto 15 meters at a gunfight situation? Remember that your body would be pumping adrenaline, you are probably drawing from concealment, and definitely the BG will be moving, he wouldn't stay still for you to hit him.

Your experience was a close call against someone with a toy gun. You really need to talk to darwin personally to hear his stories. :)

From what i understand at what darwin is trying to say is, at the heat of the moment while shooting a charging BG, you might not able to stop shooting even when the BG has already turned his back. In which case it will still be self defense, unlike what you've said that "pag may tama yung BG sa likod , maghihimas ka ng rehas at kailangan mo ng karton at malamig ang sahig sa loob...". Of course one would need a good lawyer and maybe a qualified expert witness. :)

18. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

You know...

Whenever I hear folks (even seasoned gamers) brag about how
    in a real-life SD encounter, they'd make headshots, leg-shots, or
    even (gasp!) disarm assailants via hand-shots... I'm comfortable
    assuming they've never been anyhere near an ongoing real-life
    SD shoot. EVER.

If that had been a real gun in that "assailant's" hands, and
    he'd had a real intention of shooting you, he'd have been using it,
    and you wouldn't have had the luxury of keeping a bead on his head.

FME, they (and I deliberately choose the plural) don't reveal
    themselves or their weapons until they have numerical and positional
    superiority on their side, PLUS the element of surprise. Otherwise,
    they usually await another opportunity.

This crap about hitting an assailant in the back being a sure ticket to Bilibid
    is just that: crap. A decent lawyer can get you out of that, and
    I'm comfortable assuming you haven't been anywhere near a real-life,
    ongoing SD-case hearing or trial. Sa presinto pa lang, you can
    obtain 'expert witnesses' from within a supportive police force,
    assuming you'll ever even need one. If you've dealt with as many
    municipal fiscals as I have, over violent crime, you'll understand.

Of course once the threat has retreated, one should stop
    shooting and move to a more secure position. Paul's note on imposing
    unnecessary danger upon bystanders is extremely relevant.

19. RATRAT

RATRAT

The topic is whats self defense or not..as Sir Darwin stated your main concern is how to bring the perp down, to totally stop his attack or aggression..so as my post said....."so when his back is turned its sensible to shoot him in the legs in case you feel more agression"(esp when he did not let go of the knife or gun )...and regarding bystanders yes youre right you have to think of them but when youre in a real life threatening situation and youre shooting to neutralize the perp i think youre main focus is to hit him and incapacitate him and to shoot as mamy times as necessary because the safety of you and your family comes first!!!so thats where your practice comes in coz you will not think about the bullets that missed but to make every shot count...In that department IM ALL HANDS UP TO YOU GUYS!!..COZ I KNOW MOST OF YOU SHOOT GOOD..(After all of this as Sir Horge said the safety of the bystanders comes next..)
    Good day Sir Batangueno..hope to meet you and all the BOGS one of these days!!!:)

20. RATRAT

RATRAT

Si MIchael Jackson yon ah;z ;f ;a