close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Select Fire Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MikeyT, Dec 10, 2003.

1. MikeyT

MikeyT Canuck Member

I run a wellsite geological consulting firm in Canada and a number of our personnel carry G17's in hazardous areas. I have seen numerous videos of custom select fire glocks (not factory G18's) and would like some contact info on firms that can supply the conversions.

Owned a Glock for 3 years - switched from 1911 and this is my first time on Glock Talk - very impressed. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Mike T

2. xFATBOYx

xFATBOYx

3. Jarhead

Jarhead Millennium Member

what would be a "hazardous area" for a geological consultant? IIRC full auto firearms in Canada are considered prohibited weapons anyway.

Besides the conversions are not all that great for accuracy, one of the reasons why the g18 is constructed differantly than all the rest of Glock's guns.

4. MikeyT

MikeyT Canuck Member

Yes, full auto is illegal in Canada as well - in fact, just getting a carry permit is next to impossible unless you are an armored car guard or work in dangerous Wilderness areas. Our personnel are armed when in the field in Northern Canada for protection against dangerous game (in this case a shotgun is more usefull than a 9mm) but we also do overseas exploration and development work in nations where the most dangerous animals walk upright. I am interested in the after-market select fire switch because they can be removed upon return to Canada.

5. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

There's also a select-fire conversion switch available from a company in South America. I believe it's fssg, or something like that. At any rate, there should be some information in the "Freefire Zone" here on GT.

F.A. Glocks aren't hard to control. That's why G18's are essentially the same as G17's.

6. RWBlue01

RWBlue01

7. Chopshopchopper

Chopshopchopper