Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following the posts for a while and it seems pretty much all models are talked about but the G-22 and the G-23 . It seems hard to believe that no citizens still look to the G-22or G-23 as viable self defense options given the fact that there are a lot of Police depts. still adopting and replacing worn duty guns everyday with the tried and true G22 and G-23.?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have a G27 that has been modified to my liking that is indeed one of my EDC shooters.

I'm a fan of the .40 caliber and have worked up some reloads that make it sparkle. I've got 3 handguns chambered in that caliber, the G27, a Sig P226 and a Sig 2340. Great caliber.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love my gen.4 23 so much that I turned it into my house gun. You know trigger, light and talon grips. Now my carry gun is a gen.4 26. It is perfect for me at 71 years old and this year having to wear a colostomy bag. The 26 is a little smaller and lighter to conceal.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I have a 22 (first gun), 23, and 27. They all saw their fair share of carry time. Now I stick to one of my 2 (prefer the Gen 3) G19s or my S&W Shield. 9mm is cheaper, still effective, and a little less felt recoil.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I've noticed fewer people shooting .40's at the range. The comments I hear are always related to recoil pulse, second shot time and sometimes ammo cost.

I like my 27 but I carry my 36 or 30 more often. When I deplete my supply of .40 target ammo, I may sell off the 27. Change will not be related to caliber just slowly thinning the herd.

·
Banned
353 Posts
40 is probably my least favorite caliber to shoot. PDs tend to not like change, and once they have a duty weapon, they stick with it.
The LE Agencies including mine now allow .40S&W, 9mm and .45ACP as a choice (FBI is now using the 9mm)...all about bullet placement. As for me I carried a .40S&W for eight years, transitioned over to the 9mm two years ago. I really never liked the .40S&W, although I really liked a revolver in .357mag...go figure...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
My G23 goes everywhere I go.

·
JABRONI AUTIST
8,436 Posts
I like the .40, it offers a lot if you really look at what it's capable of. With my G23 I can plink for cheap (I do reload) and do it with mild recoil since you know the .40 has such wrist shattering recoil :). It's got great factory ammo options and you can step on the gas a bit and it will throw 200gr bullets to 1100 fps, which isn't bad at all for the size gun the G23 is, it's a very versatile platform.

·
Enigma
3,382 Posts
I have a 23, 23C and 27, like them just fine.
I also like my 19, 32, 29SF and 30 SF.
All of those have been my "favorite" at some point in time, so having a variety of options available is good.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.