Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Michigan hasn't had the death penalty for eons.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Not necessarily. I did some security for a chain recently for almost two months. I’ve been in law enforcement for almost 34 years now, and done security for almost the same time frame. Most recently, they have decided that they no longer want armed security. A liberal sign of the times IMO. I don’t care, as long as it doesn’t effect my pay. What I have recently experienced, is that I and people in general are expendable. That’s my perspective. People are out for themselves. In times like these, the nice ones are nicer. But the bad ones show themselves. Any chance to take advantage of a crisis, and they take it. That, coupled with the new socially acceptable inability to communicate, speaks volumes. You don’t grow up learning social skills, you will never have them. We as a community don’t exist. Except in commercials on TV, trying to take advantage and sell you something. My take away, is that my immediate family is my life and all that really matters. Sorry my perspective is not a hallmark movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rational
14,930 Posts
Not necessarily. I did some security for a chain recently for almost two months. I’ve been in law enforcement for almost 34 years now, and done security for almost the same time frame. Most recently, they have decided that they no longer want armed security. A liberal sign of the times IMO. I don’t care, as long as it doesn’t effect my pay. What I have recently experienced, is that I and people in general are expendable. That’s my perspective. People are out for themselves. In times like these, the nice ones are nicer. But the bad ones show themselves. Any chance to take advantage of a crisis, and they take it. That, coupled with the new socially acceptable inability to communicate, speaks volumes. You don’t grow up learning social skills, you will never have them. We as a community don’t exist. Except in commercials on TV, trying to take advantage and sell you something. My take away, is that my immediate family is my life and all that really matters. Sorry my perspective is not a hallmark movie.

I'm thinking about going back into armed security work in my area. I sent out an application online last night to an old boss of mine who has his own company now who has positions open for $20/hour, and sent an email to the hiring staff at the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office inquiring about their Facility Security Positions.....starting pay $23/hour. I like that.

That being said, when I did unarmed security work for two Corporate-run security companies, it was some of the most demeaning work I've ever done in my life. You are treated as nothing more than cheap labor and a insurance write-off for the client. I wouldn't go back to that no matter how much it paid.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm thinking about going back into armed security work in my area. I sent out an application online last night to an old boss of mine who has his own company now who has positions open for $20/hour, and sent an email to the hiring staff at the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office inquiring about their Facility Security Positions.....starting pay $23/hour. I like that.

That being said, when I did unarmed security work for two Corporate-run security companies, it was some of the most demeaning work I've ever done in my life. You are treated as nothing more than cheap labor and a insurance write-off for the client. I wouldn't go back to that no matter how much it paid.
The only thing worse, is hospitals. And they don’t pay ****. And the general public can think what ever fairly tales they want. Doctors are *******s. Nurses are some of the worst people I’ve ever experienced. They are used to being paid obscene hourly rates. Now they are having to work for it. They treat patients horribly, as well as security who are the only buffer between them and people that want to choke the living **** out of them. Unfortunately, armored car drivers aren’t getting paid anywhere near what they should be, if things go bad. That, and strip clubs is about the only jobs I’ve never done. I actually made more money about 25 years ago, then they want to pay you now. But I’ll continue to make a little extra, whenever it’s available. Best of luck to you.

·
Rational
14,930 Posts
The only thing worse, is hospitals. And they don’t pay ****. And the general public can think what ever fairly tales they want. Doctors are *******s. Nurses are some of the worst people I’ve ever experienced. They are used to being paid obscene hourly rates. Now they are having to work for it. They treat patients horribly, as well as security who are the only buffer between them and people that want to choke the living **** out of them. Unfortunately, armored car drivers aren’t getting paid anywhere near what they should be, if things go bad. That, and strip clubs is about the only jobs I’ve never done. I actually made more money about 25 years ago, then they want to pay you now. But I’ll continue to make a little extra, whenever it’s available. Best of luck to you.

Well said, and thank you. I would love to be an armored car driver.....companies in my area though aren't hiring, and you have to have a Class B CDL, IIRC. I can't afford the training for that unless they pay for it and take it out of my paycheck, which is probably unlikely.

ETA: I didn't know hospitals were that bad. Thankfully, I've never had to work them, though I had an encounter with one at our local hospital one morning after a shift when I stopped in for some breakfast who told me to take my ASP baton out to my car, that weapons weren't allowed. I told a cop about that, and he had a massive laugh about it.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Brother, you must've worked at some real **** hospitals. Of the 5 I've worked at, everybody LOVED security for exactly the reason you said-they're the people we call when we get that ******* patient who's either drunk or drugged out or just a dick in general. Security usually hung out in ER, but we always invited them over to ICU to get dinner with us.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Brother, you must've worked at some real **** hospitals. Of the 5 I've worked at, everybody LOVED security for exactly the reason you said-they're the people we call when we get that ******* patient who's either drunk or drugged out or just a dick in general. Security usually hung out in ER, but we always invited them over to ICU to get dinner with us.
There’s two in my local area, and I have a buddy who works at a recently updated one. He says that they are still the same. The nurses still treat them like s$:t.

·
NRA Life Member
66,537 Posts
I remember going to a Probation & Parole office in Louisville for a class and noticing that the Dollar General had sold roll-down metal shutters over the windows and I was thinking, "how ^%$ing bad is a neighborhood that people are breaking into the Dollar store?" I guess when you pull into a parking lot and turning 360 degrees all you see is a liquor store, a plasma donation center, an aluminum recycler, a Dollar store, and a probation and parole office, that's a bad sign.

Do you think the people who shot the security guard are among the same ones who always complain about how businesses won't locate in their neighborhood?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts