Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Taking you're finger off the trigger when you're not shooting was learned the hard way.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well that will certainly get you knocked off from a special detail.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I hope that guy was a paper chaser and not guarding Obama...

...wait, what?
Yea huh? I propose he be immediately promoted to head of Obamas personal security detail. He would fit in well.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Was he the only one in the room professional enough to handle that weapon???? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
8,024 Posts
I hear the DEA is looking for a few more like him....

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yea huh? I propose he be immediately promoted to head of Obamas personal security detail. He would fit in well.
I would rather not. I like the current administration. But I liked Ronald Reagan more.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The thing that bothers me is the media's insistence on using the phrase "when the gun went off". To the non gun and anti gun types this does a lot to solidify the idea that the gun is what caused it.

·
Premium Member
28,686 Posts
I hope he is able to walk properly (hip shot) AND is able to live down the onslaught of ribbing he's due.

The frank reality is, even the "best" of the best of us makes these types of mistakes. The next time our resident trolls in Carry Issues choose to "remind" us carry folks about someone shooting granny in the leg while re-adjusting his/her pocket carry gun, I'll be sure to remember instances as these - to remind myself that idiocy and complacency resides on both sides of the divide. (Note, I didn't say I was going to use it to rebut arguments, as I rarely attempt to argue with fools. :)).

Earlier this week it was reported that the NYPD's "Elite" Emergency Service Unit (ESU) had three "accidental" discharges in three months.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...3_stray_rounds_the_nypd_errant_shot_unit.html

In one incident, an ESU officer getting out of his vehicle on a hot call (barricaded gunman) accidentally discharged his shotgun.

In another, a detective was attempting to turn on his gun mounted flashlight, but instead turned on his firing pin thingie, hitting the suspect's dad in the guts.

Probably the most embarrassing, from a "elite trained unit" perspective was the third, and I quote from the article directly:

A member of the ESU sniper team safeguarding the tree-lighting center at the tourist magnet accidentally let loose a rifle round on Nov. 30.
It happened about 90 minutes after the ceremony, as the sniper teams were pulling out. The round hit a building and was found a block and a half away.

·
Infidel
780 Posts
That's an odd statement, that's like saying "I like falling down stairs, but I liked walking up them more.":upeyes:
I was begining to think it was me, I think there are more than one roaming around upstairs. Love your analogy, still laughing...

·
Registered
11,066 Posts
I hope he is able to walk properly (hip shot) AND is able to live down the onslaught of ribbing he's due.

The frank reality is, even the "best" of the best of us makes these types of mistakes. The next time our resident trolls in Carry Issues choose to "remind" us carry folks about someone shooting granny in the leg while re-adjusting his/her pocket carry gun, I'll be sure to remember instances as these - to remind myself that idiocy and complacency resides on both sides of the divide. (Note, I didn't say I was going to use it to rebut arguments, as I rarely attempt to argue with fools. :)).

Earlier this week it was reported that the NYPD's "Elite" Emergency Service Unit (ESU) had three "accidental" discharges in three months.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...3_stray_rounds_the_nypd_errant_shot_unit.html

In one incident, an ESU officer getting out of his vehicle on a hot call (barricaded gunman) accidentally discharged his shotgun.

In another, a detective was attempting to turn on his gun mounted flashlight, but instead turned on his firing pin thingie, hitting the suspect's dad in the guts.

Probably the most embarrassing, from a "elite trained unit" perspective was the third, and I quote from the article directly:
I agree with you Drew. Every time I try to make that point, I get shouted down. Glad somebody else doesn't believe they are perfect.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Thats what happens when you eat too many Donuts and sip coffee all day. :rofl:

Get well soon.

·
God rules all!
6,209 Posts
One can only hope.:whistling:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts