Glock 43 Seconds from a 365...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Spartan24, Dec 1, 2019.

1. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

You've got to be kidding. Did you watch the video you posted? Up to the 8:20 mark he demonstrates a perfectly functional P365 using an assortment of ammo including steel cased. At 8:21 he talks about hearsay "rumors" about problems with the pistol. I suggest you watch the video attached to post# 58 of this thread made by a firearms engineer. He discusses the 365 and is very positive about it.

The guy in the video you posted talks about the P365 being a better looking pistol and says it would be a good pistol to carry when you go out dressed up. That's not something I'm interested in and why I will go with the engineer's view. You posted a video and pointed to a mark where "rumors" are presented to back up your position. You posted fake news as far as I'm concerned.

kody1234 and boilergonzo like this.
  2. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

Thats a shame, the 365 is a phenomenal pistol. I'm a 25yr Glock guy, I dont say this lightly, but it kicks the crap out of any Glock in its size.

You'll be much better off getting over the all or nothing. You can have Sigs and Glocks.

sas-G19 likes this.

3. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I did, and I went exactly to the point of the video you told us to go to! He then re-hashed all the old news from the initial launch for quite a bit as if he were revealing some breaking news, yet he added nothing new, just re-hashed information we wrote and read on this forum a year-and-a-half ago. I didn't hear him say anything about his April 2019 review or a new gun that provided anything negative to support your fears that this is a possible ongoing issue. Should I look somewhere else in the video other than where you told us to look? It was old and boring enough that I admit I didn't watch it to the end.

Based upon what? A rambling video that mentions obsolete issues when MANY members of this forum are saying is NOT indicative of these current SIG's? I have two that are quite reliable. Others here trust their 365's, too. You don't have to. Distrust all you like. But that video is a really poor reason to base a decision like that upon!

Okay... I am marking your words. Done.

I have no idea why you think the magazines are over-stressed or prone to failing. If you have factual evidence, please share. Your post is the first I have heard of this pending disaster. I'd like to understand the risks, and problems you anticipate. Is it like the old style Glock magazines splitting down the back that we read about? Or something far more sinister?

If they fail, what, exactly, would SIG deny? If they are failing, we will see online they are failing from our peers. If they fail, I will absolutely hold SIG accountable. I don't understand your point. Is this a random jab at SIG, or a real, looming failure you have first-hand exposure to, or have done some mechanical and structural analysis of? Please expand on the topic, if you have information to share! Thanks.

4. MurrayNevada

I'm guessing that he has no valid info to share.

5. jamppp

jamppp

Too much of the negative perception of the P365 is people reporting what others have said vs. providing original data. I especially shake my head at the ones who do an exhaustive test of it, rave about it's qualities and reliability, and conclude with "but I wouldn't carry one because of it's negative publicity".
    I won't keep/own a gun that isn't totally reliable. I have a P365, and it's been totally flawless through 1000 round, and see no reason it won't be for the next several thousand.

kody1234 likes this.
  6. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

Oh No! Another dud from SIG:

7. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

500 flawless rounds in, my P365 is now in service, in a Vedder LightTuck holster, just as my G43 was.

8. MurrayNevada

Have you taken some kind of vow for Gaston to knock the competition? Again you offer no personal experience and rely on internet "film makers" to try to make a point that is not the experience of many members here who actually own and shoot the P365. You're looking like an ill informed zealot with an axe to grind.

boilergonzo, jamppp and GlockFan7 like this.
  9. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

I had to double check, yes this is Glock Talk and yes, this is the General Glocking Forum. What a place to espouse your love of the SIG P365. Did you not expect some flak?

10. MurrayNevada

Nobody is "espousing love for the Sig P365." People with 365 experience are simply sharing his or her experiences with the pistol. Your post above now helps me understand why you do what you do. It seems you believe that because this is a Glock forum a member should not post real life positive experience with a pistol other than Glock. I think you liken this to a sports event where you always root for the home team and boo the visiting team. This is quite simple thinking and if it keeps you from becoming confused, keep on doing it.

zennashton likes this.
  11. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

It is fair to offer up questions, and the video brings some to light. The gun may have been bad! But, I am sure you read the comments associated with that video, right? Where many noted some of the issues with how he holds the gun, and the misfires usually happening while shooting one-handed, correct? In the old days (if this were a Glock), the screams of "LIMP-WRISTING" would by flying from people's lips in defense.

He also used a glove, which can impede a slide. If we look at how he was holding the gun for some of the failures... I am not sure why his thumb would be like that if he were really trying for a firm grip. If a Glock failed to return to battery, folks would say "limp-wristed it, get a firm grip!", right?

upload_2019-12-9_10-57-56.png
    Thumb up, one-hand grip. I just gripped my gun. I cannot put pressure on the grip without my thumb gently rubbing against the slide when held like that.

And we cannot tell whether he was impeding the slide, but his thumbs are certainly NOT kept clear and below the slide. We can see that. I have heard of a "high thumb" grip, but the "double high thumb" also puts my thumb in places where they can rub the slide. Is that possibly what he was doing?
    upload_2019-12-9_11-0-33.png
    When he shot with both hands, note that BOTH his thumbs are above the slide! Is this a good grip? Can we tell? Was he riding the slide, or were the fingers completely clear? I don't pretend to know. But it is possible this is a shooter problem, not a gun problem. It is also possible it is a gun problem, and not a shooter problem. So... what are his credentials?

He may have a SIG that seizes up when hot, the individual gun may be in need of repair, or the entire 365xl design could be flawed. I don't know, and I accept the possibility he has a bad gun. But the experimental design and follow up was so lacking that we cannot draw meaningful conclusions from it.

But I trust my friend who works with the Indiana State Police (who issues the 365 as a sidearm to ALL officers) and their glowing reports over a questionable YouTube video of the 365XL like this, where the tester professes on this site and his other sights his love of Glock.

He said it was likely an overheating problem, yet stated the Glock's were fired on a colder day. Design control fail. He has a highly variable and questionable grip, and even used a glove (which OFTEN impedes slide movement for some individuals!). And he had FTRB issues. I cannot tell if it is the gun or his testing protocols, grip, glove, limp-wristing, ammo, or whatever. Why doesn't he try to work with SIG to see what is wrong?!? Or was this a result he was satisfied with, and he simply quit after getting that far?

Here is what I suspect is happening. With the G43, a bump in the frame pushes his thumbs away from the slide. His high thumbs grip results in him riding the slide on the 365, because it lacks a bump to push his wayward thumbs away. Perhaps I am wrong, but I see this as the potential culprit. See the slides below:

[​IMG]

If that is it, it isn't fair to blame the gun's reliability. It is his form that may be causing the issue, and I simply don't have that issue. My thumbs don't ever rub the slide!

Perhaps I am wrong, but in seeing his grip, I think that when HE fatigues, his hands get sloppy. It isn't the gun getting hot, it is his grip faltering the more rounds he shoots. Feel free to debate this theory!

You can latch onto this as rabidly as you wish,and cite it as a reason to completely dismiss the 365 and 365xl. Great! Your choice! Dismiss it, and knock it.

But others on this forum (including myself) haven't seen these issues. And the Indiana State Police are not seeing these issues (and they test FAR more stringently than some guy with poor/variable shooting grip, a camera and YouTube account!).

Believe who you want, and post negative comments as freely as you want! Be skeptical of SIG's 365 series. But expect others to be skeptical of conclusions drawn (third-hand!) from YouTube videos that conflict with our real-world (first-hand) experiences! You can dismiss our experiences if you wish.

I am still confident in the 365. If the ISP starts to have issues with their guns (well over a thousand of them deployed with Troopers and SRT), I will be sure to pass along any info I hear. Until then... have a great day!

12. Cracker007

Cracker007

I think a lot of these problem with my gun videos are purposely created to generate traffic to the video. People are searching to see if the gun has a problem and his video pops up saying look my new gun has a problem, would you like to buy a holster. And I agree that he doesn’t look like he is holding the gun anywhere near tight enough. Even his two handed grip has to much muzzle rise.

boilergonzo likes this.
  13. MurrayNevada

I agree. Just more of the Fake News world we live in.

14. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

My wife has always carried two identical pistols, one IWB and the other in her concealed carry purse.

She bought two brand new P365’s, both with a born on date of March 2019.

One ran flawlessly and the other was completely unreliable even after two trips back to SIG.

Even though she knows her way around gear, trains twice a week and shoots USPSA matches 3-4 times a month, she has little tolerance for gear that doesn’t work or hold up to regular training and shooting.

She ended up selling them both and went back to her G42’s.

boilergonzo likes this.
  15. zennashton

zennashton

I just couldn't get past the grip on the 365. It was really uncomfortable for me. That and it was top heavy.

To be fair I didn't like the glock 43 grip either. Just to short and I ran it with extended magazines.

If I cant get a full grip then it's not for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

boilergonzo likes this.