Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2015 Glock 42 at a local pawn shop today. It looks like it was never fired other than at the factory to test. The warranty card and all the other paperwork were still sealed in the package that came from the factory. Should I fill it out and send it in?
The magazines are the -2 version and from what I’ve read the factory may switch them for the -3 ones. Seem worthwhile to pursue?
I’m going to be spending a lot of time digging through the old posts soaring in as much as I can I just had a couple of quick questions. Thanks for any advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'm not retired
7,888 Posts
All my warranty cards are still in the gun cases along with everything else. No idea why I never sent them in other than laziness. Don't matter, no way...warranty time for card has expired on all but the G35.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I picked up a 2015 Glock 42 at a local pawn shop today. It looks like it was never fired other than at the factory to test. The warranty card and all the other paperwork were still sealed in the package that came from the factory. Should I fill it out and send it in?
The magazines are the -2 version and from what I’ve read the factory may switch them for the -3 ones. Seem worthwhile to pursue?
I’m going to be spending a lot of time digging through the old posts soaring in as much as I can I just had a couple of quick questions. Thanks for any advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Glock will exchange older magazines for -3. Call or email customer service. It is worthwhile to pursue.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
I would get a number and send in the -2's for the -3's. A lot of people have done that around here. There were a few other revisions done to small bits along the way, connector, slide stop lever, etc.

You might call Glock and see where you stand revision level wise for all those bits.

I have a later model G42 that has been flawless.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Good manufacturers support their products. I had warranty work done on a Ruger that was fourth hand and a long time away from the factory, and still repaired for free.

Glock will take care of you with or without the card.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts