close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Secondary cataract question? Yag laser

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JuneyBooney, Sep 22, 2012.

1. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Ok fellas, back in January I had an "early onset" cat removed from my ectasia eye. Yesterday I went back for a check up with the doc and I told him the vision may test at 20/40 but it is blurry and I can't read a darn thing with that eye. Then I am told I have the secondary cataract and that it should probably be removed sooner than later because it gets harder to remove. I was told this could also be blurring my vision a good bit. Have any of you guys had these and does it really make that much difference in the vision? Any ifrsd on a self pay procedure? Thanks

2. GarySTL

GarySTL NRA Life Member

Not a second cataract, but the back if the lens capsule sometimes gets cloudy.

My wife had that issue in both eyes about two years after her cataract surgery. A few seconds wirh the laser to burn a hole in the back of the capsule and all was well.

3. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

So did she notice a big difference in vision afterwards?

4. Unk

Unk

Yag procedure in one of two eyes done..fairly routine...a film like condition that either grows or missed..mine turned up on eye exam, a short non-event return to surgeon. I did not notice any vision issues so can't comment on any change.

5. Otto Pistol

Otto Pistol

The capsule of the lens gets cloudy. It is "removed" by the laser making on opening in the capsule. Quick and painless.

In the old days, you went back to surgery and the surgeon went in with a tiny instrument to make a hole in the capsule. Ain't technology great?

6. GarySTL

GarySTL NRA Life Member

Yep! Nice and clear now. Both of us only need glasses to read. I could have had one lens for close up and one for distance, but talked to the surgeon and we decided it would mess up my pistol shooting with both eyes.

7. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

My surgeon won't remove the regular cataract from my right eye until the left eye is really doing well..ir removal of "secondary cataract". So it sounds like this may help me a good but. :cool: